Fordson Dexta Handbrake Button

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Jstaley
Not Quite Blue Yet

Fordson Dexta Handbrake Button

Post by Jstaley »

Hi
Im looking for a Fordson dexta handbrake button, the black plastic piece that you press to loosen the handbrake, this is attached to the wire which goes further back to the latch this black button and piece of wire is what im after. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, James

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Re: Fordson Dexta Handbrake Button

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Hi James, I don't believe you are able to buy just the button, but you can buy the replacement button complete with the rod that slides inside the hand brake handle down to the pawl/ratchet. I know ALP in the UK sell it plus you will find them on EBay. Wish you luck, Mervyn. :buddies:

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

Are they the same as the later Fords? I know I have used one off a Ford 600 series in the past
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

I have checked up in the ALP spares list for the Ford 2600, 3000 and 4000 and it appears to be the same as the Dexta, part number5349.

DEXTA MAN
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by DEXTA MAN »

The rubber coated bearings out of an old pto pressure washer are the same size and most farms years ago kept spares that are hidden away in old tins so you might get one for free. Just drill a hole roughly half way through and put some instant gasket in the hole and pop it on. Then sit back and admire your work :beer:

I admired mine a bit too much last time :roll: