tractor registrations

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
nathanwhittaker
True Blue

tractor registrations

Post by nathanwhittaker »

Hi all does anyone do tractor registrations on this site i wanna get mine registered soon thanks

Vulgunx
True Blue

Re: tractor registrations

Post by Vulgunx »

What get a age related plate? and get it taxed? if so Message newholland saying can you verify the date of my tractor send them engine/bellhousing number they will send you a headed piece of paper saying year it was made signed by newholland and you can go to the dvla thats what i did :) . I'm in the uk so not sure if it works anywhere else :D
Owner of a 1961 fordson dexta restyled model :)

nathanwhittaker
True Blue

Yeah I'm in uk too so I will try too cheers

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Vulgunx wrote:What get a age related plate? and get it taxed? if so Message newholland saying can you verify the date of my tractor send them engine/bellhousing number they will send you a headed piece of paper saying year it was made signed by newholland and you can go to the dvla thats what i did :) . I'm in the uk so not sure if it works anywhere else :D
I'm surprised to hear that worked. My local DVLA office said I had to go through a vintage tractor owners club to confirm that it's not a bitsa. I don't see New Holland listed in the DVLA list of owners clubs.

How much did NH charge you for the piece of paper? Perhaps they use a tractor club? :scratchhead:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

john.n
True Blue

Post by john.n »

surely the manufacture can declare that the vehicle is genuine. if they don't know who else would!

Vulgunx
True Blue

Post by Vulgunx »

They charged me nothing i sent them the pictures of the engine number and bellhousing number well i went to preston lancashire dvla :)
Owner of a 1961 fordson dexta restyled model :)

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

john.n wrote:surely the manufacture can declare that the vehicle is genuine. if they don't know who else would!
They won't know if it's a bitsa or not. Only way to check that is via the casting codes on each of the main castings. If it's a bitsa, you get a Q plate not an age related one.

Judging by Vulgan's experience, seems Preston DVLA is the place to go. Perhaps they are closing down and are demob happy?! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

nathanwhittaker
True Blue

I got hold of new holland they managed too find the year etc but would not send me any paper work proving it so I'm back to square one

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Hi, the best thing to do that I've found so far is to get a v55/5 form off the dvla website - and fill it out best as you can - the chances are you will get a q plate but it seems to be the most affective way of getting through. :beer:
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

tmc
True Blue

Post by tmc »

Hi , I've registered about 10 tractors now , 3 or 4 Fordsons where New Holland were very helpfull
and sent a covering letter , perhaps they are getting fed up with that ! If they sent you an email can't
you copy and print that ?
Then for my other make tractors I just got a letter from a friendly local tractor dealer stating the
age of the tractors ( generally 2 0r 3 at once ) and my local DVLA office were happy with that.
They did come out to check the ID's .
When you fill in the V55/5 just fill in the parts relevent to the tractor and leave the rest , the
fuel is 'heavy oil' , good luck.