Dexta Nose cone wanted South UK or Oxford area

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
npaisnel
True Blue

Dexta Nose cone wanted South UK or Oxford area

Post by npaisnel »

I know I can buy a new part from Agriline et al but want an original if possible.

Rust holes are not a problem, but bent and buckled is.
i ave two here both bent and rusted, so panel beating is not much of an option.

one is bent because almost 40 years ago, when I was 5 years old I rolled the tractor down a slope in to a tree.
The other is bent because in absence of a weight frame we used to stick two 50 kilo bags of fertilizer on the nose when we ahd the Vicon on.

I say Oxford or South of England area because I am in Jersey, but regularly fly in to Southampton, Oxford and Exeter airports, so could stick a nose cone in the back of the aircraft on the way home.
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

Nick
True Blue

Re: Dexta Nose cone wanted South UK or Oxford area

Post by Nick »

Hi there, i have a nosecone, for a standard dexta, which has a bit of rust, and has a few small dings but it isnt completely bent, i reckon its saveable if you put your mind to it, but im more mechanical than bodywork inclined.
Also, we have a grass runway on our farm which you could land on if you like? My neighbour flies too and fro work in his sesna. We are near taunton, in somerset.

I suspect it may help you to make a decision if i took some photos of it?
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

npaisnel
True Blue

Re: Dexta Nose cone wanted South UK or Oxford area

Post by npaisnel »

Sorry not replying sooner, I am not getting e-mail notification of replies.

I actually have started straightening the one, I have, though coming up just to see land on your strip seems fun.
What are the strip details, position ?
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,