Fire wall

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Mjg1705
True Blue

Fire wall

Post by Mjg1705 »

Ho - was wondering where in the uk - I can get a replacement fire wall "sheet" as in the fireproof abestos material - I cracked mine and took it off but when I get around do doing it I want to put on. Another piece (for obvios reasons ! ) or is it best to just get a salvage one ?! Thanks -
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Fire wall

Post by Bensdexta »

I would get a complete 2nd-hand bulkhead. You don't want to be messing around drilling/cutting asbestos.

Try Malcolm Hipperson. Prob not that expensive. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Hi - thanks - I think I may try to get a second hand one from greets - this Malcolm hip person ---- got a contact for him - and is he a salvage/spares dealer kinda guy for majors ?! :D
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !

chriss
True Blue

Post by chriss »

Mjg1705 wrote:Hi - thanks - I think I may try to get a second hand one from greets - this Malcolm hip person ---- got a contact for him - and is he a salvage/spares dealer kinda guy for majors ?! :D
malcolms number is 01366 324394 he does have a lot of major bits both new and used luckily for me he is only 5 minutes from me, he is very helpful

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Thanks for the number - oooo good good - shall soon be emptying his stock of super spares then ! Haha - lucky you Chriss - my nearest person who does anything like that is an hour - and the next one is 100 mile !

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Most oil fired heating engineers (It's Tinknells around here) would stock a similar board that is asbestos free that they use to cover wood or glass if its too close to an oil tank or boiler.
If you have any difficulty then let me know the dimensions and I'll cut you a piece off the old redundant board that I have.
Just googled it and this came up http://www.tbrewer.co.uk/sheet-material ... tant-board.
That's for a 4' x 8' sheet though!!
Cheers
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

Thanks jerry - will see how much I can pick up a complete bulkhead from salvage - il keep you in mind - :beer:

10 Bellies
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 10 Bellies »

I think I may have a complete Firewall too, will let you know! :beer:

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

Ive likely got a few firewalls kicking about if you are still stuck