Epic mouldboards wanted for a Ransomes PM

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
porteous
True Blue

Epic mouldboards wanted for a Ransomes PM

Post by porteous »

Just had one of my mouldboards repaired and both are pretty thin on the front lower edge, so I thought I would see if anyone has a couple of good ones they want rid of?

I am pretty sure the boards are Epic 41K (see photos). I can't find any markings on them but one of the points is labelled as a 726A (see photos).

Perhaps someone replacing epic with something grander might help?

Mouldboards 003 by CraigWales, on Flickr

Mouldboards 004 by CraigWales, on Flickr

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Epic mouldboards wanted for a Ransomes PM

Post by Bensdexta »

porteous wrote:Just had one of my mouldboards repaired and both are pretty thin on the front lower edge, so I thought I would see if anyone has a couple of good ones they want rid of?

I am pretty sure the boards are Epic 41K (see photos). I can't find any markings on them but one of the points is labelled as a 726A (see photos).

I got some repro EPIC boards from Westlake. Unlike YL, they are not hugely expensive. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

porteous
True Blue

Re: Epic mouldboards wanted for a Ransomes PM

Post by porteous »

Bensdexta wrote:
porteous wrote:Just had one of my mouldboards repaired and both are pretty thin on the front lower edge, so I thought I would see if anyone has a couple of good ones they want rid of?

I got some repro EPIC boards from Westlake. Unlike YL, they are not hugely expensive. :wink:
Many thanks. I'll give them a try next week, but they have none listed at the moment. As a Scotsman I view £1.25 as a three figure sum, but am prepared to be persuaded. I suspect I will still be looking for "good used"