Wanted 254 c.i. Ford industrial dorset diesel

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
tmbrskdr40
Not Quite Blue Yet

Wanted 254 c.i. Ford industrial dorset diesel

Post by tmbrskdr40 »

Looking for a crank shaft (or a complete running motor 254 c.i. ford dorset diesel) to replace the motor in my C4D Tree Farmer Timber Skidder. Crankshaft has a # on it of: 306/23A and what we can make out on the engine block is #: T2-703F-6015-AAA. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

super6954
True Blue

Re: Wanted 254 c.i. Ford industrial dorset diesel

Post by super6954 »

Hi I got some of those 4 cyl type motors here, Might be useful if you told us where you are in the big wide world :wink: .
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

tmbrskdr40
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tmbrskdr40 »

Thanks for the reply Robert. I am hoping to find a crank shaft if at all possible from a dorset or a dover (I was told they use the same crank shaft). Am located in northern Wisconsin. Do any of the #'s given match anything you would have? (306/23A is as much as we could make out) We are guessing the motor we have is an early 70's model.

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi
Thanks for letting me know where you are, at least we are on the same continent :wink: . I have 2, 4 cyls here i think one is a Dover and one a Dorset. Both have the timing case driven pumps instead of external drive like the Major tractor.
The intake ports on the head are bigger on one of them. one Is fitted to a tractor as a conversion, that has a busted sump and sat out a few years, the other is fire damaged and sitting in my shop. I think that might be the one you need the crank from.

Give me a bit of time to catch up on my shop customers work, that should of been out 2 days ago :eyes: :cry: . then I can figure out what I got and look for numbers and stuff :idea: I think I have a ford parts book that might give numbers as well if it has 4 cylinders in, as well as 6 cyls .
My plan was to make one runner out of 2 motors, then use the motor to drive a big compressor for doing my own sand blasting.
either that will never happen or one of the cranks is spare and might be what you need :idea: .
Regards Robert

tmbrskdr40
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by tmbrskdr40 »

Thanks for taking the time to look into it Robert. From what I have looked up (on www.foleyengines.com Tech Tip #92) the dover has a larger head with larger ports but they both use the same crank shaft/cam shaft and connecting rods.
Good luck with catching up on your shop work, I am in the same boat now that I have been with out a motor I am farther behind then I would like to admit ;)

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

tmbrskdr40 wrote:Thanks for taking the time to look into it Robert. From what I have looked up (on http://www.foleyengines.com Tech Tip #92) the dover has a larger head with larger ports but they both use the same crank shaft/cam shaft and connecting rods.
Good luck with catching up on your shop work, I am in the same boat now that I have been with out a motor I am farther behind then I would like to admit ;)
Hi
Sorry for not replying before :(
you still looking for parts for that skider motor :?: Things have been crazy in the shop here with a Valtra transmission that would not go right and head home, and another job or 2 that turned up :cry: .
I will have time next week during other job parts and things coming to get one or both those motors dragged out, and look into these that are here, if your still interested.
Regards Robert