Dexta Handbrake Pawl

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Nick
True Blue

Dexta Handbrake Pawl

Post by Nick »

Hi guys, I am in need of a standard dexta handbrake pawl, the bit that slides up and down when the handbrake button is pressed and engages with the bit that fixes to the wing.

Anyone got one I can purchase? :D :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Re: Dexta Handbrake Pawl

Post by Tubal Cain »

Handbrake repair kits, which include the pawl, are available from Agriline £14.00 plus VAT etc.

Gerald

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Gerald,

Yes I purchased one of them, but unfortunately their kit only repairs their new handbrakes, not the standard ones. Meaning you have to cut a circular slot and grind and drill and mess around, when all I really need is the little square pawl bit :D
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Their pawl bit, isnt the same same shape as the original, neither it seems is one off a major.

If I cant find a decent used one, I will make one :D

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Be ware of their fuel pump kits as well, they will only work with their aftermarket pumps and will not work with the stock units, and for some reason will not note this but are apparently content with selling them anyway.

Pat

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Hi Pat,

Yeah I know, tell me about it, I found out the hard way with that too!

Im going to have a go at making one tomorrow, wish me luck!