Dexta Upper Lift Arms

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
charlie63
True Blue

Dexta Upper Lift Arms

Post by charlie63 »

Im looking for a pair of upper lift arms for my 58 dexta Im restoring. Its the ones that fit on the cross shaft of the lift cover. Ive stripped my lift cover for rebuilding and found the lift arm on the lefthand side has had a bodge weld repair carried out at some time.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: Dexta Upper Lift Arms

Post by Bensdexta »

Contact FordsonDexta13 on ebay. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Ben,
Thanks for the info. Ive already tried them and also a few of the other sellers/breakers that Ive dealt with in the past on ebay but they have nothing at the moment. I did see that Forge Services sell the lift arms for the MF35 and say they fit the Dexta, see below what they say as Im unsure. Does this mean that the MF 35 cross shaft is also the same or are there differences. A bit steep at £162 per pair and then postage on top of that. Maybe Im just a tight Scotsman lol.

OEM Numbers:
957E 994620A, 885444

Item 44

Notes: These are lift arms for the MF35, they are about 35mm longer but can be used on the Dexta. The O/S arm may require grinding to reduce its diameter at the widest part to avoid fouling the quadrant fitting
These are a Forged product and stronger than the Cast product FS63936. These are recommended for a working tractor.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Looks like the Forge ones are 35mm longer than original Dexta arms. I'd prefer to keep the original length, but email him for more details - he's usually very helpful.

Yes that's quite a steep price, but they appear to be new and forged. I'd keep looking for an original arm, if time allows.

Or get your original arm repaired?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Ben,
Thats what concerned me that they were 35mm longer.
I have plenty of time as I am away back to Angola today for 3 weeks and then Ive to rebuilt the top cover when I come home which I can do without having the arms so will keep looking.
Would prefer to get original ones if I can. Something may turn up in that time.

Dunggatherer
True Blue

Post by Dunggatherer »

And they're off.
I read your request and as i have a spare rearend of a Dexta in my shed, i sprayed it with penetrating oil.
Tonight the lift arms came free.
Both weigh 6.3 kilograms, including the bolts and washers.
I don't know yet what the shipping charges would be, but if you agree to pay for the mailman, you can have the arms.
I live in the Netherlands.

Regards, Rob.

Edit: Google told me shipping would be 25 euros

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Bob,
What a nice gesture and thanks very much for the offer. Are you sure you are happy to just accept the postage costs. If you want to email me at c.davidson44@yahoo.co.uk and we can sort out the details. Thanks again.

Charlie.

Dunggatherer
True Blue

Post by Dunggatherer »

Yes i am sure.
I needed a shifter fork so i called a retired mechanic, who repairs Dextas for a hobby.
He did have a shifter fork for me, but it was still attached to a gearbox and rearend.
He almost gave it to me for free.
It has been in my garage ever since.
If we want to keep our tractors running we have to help eachother out.
So it seems fair to give you the arms, i'm sure my retired friend will be delighted to know the arms ended up in Scotland.
Regards Rob.