Wanted Dexta RH Lift Arm

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
MikesDexta
True Blue

Wanted Dexta RH Lift Arm

Post by MikesDexta »

My 1959 Dexta has always had problems with the linkage not fully descending and I bought it with huge great bolts holding the lift arms to the yokes so I set about replacing the bolts with clevis pins and quickly realised that the right hand lift arm wasn't the same as the left and it turns out its off a Massey Ferguson Industrial and the Dexta clevis pins don't fit (hence the bolts I guess).

Anyhow I phoned New Holland and they are no longer stocked and the aftermarket suppliers don't stock them either so I've looking for the right hand Link Arm (the one that links to the leveling box). I can get the bushes but not the link arms.

Does anybody have one or know where I can try?

thanks in advance

Mike
1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed

charlie63
True Blue

Re: Wanted Dexta RH Lift Arm

Post by charlie63 »

Mike,
Might be worth giving Gruffydd Hughes , Hughes Tractor Spares an email to see if he has anything. His email is fordson2012@gmail.com. He breaks a lot of Dextas and sells a lot of parts on ebay. Ive dealt with him a few times and he has always been reasonable.

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Mike,
You could also try L.McBride Ltd, Canal Rd, Timperley, Cheshire, Phone # 01619621322/ Mob # 07788628184. They also break Dextas etc.

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

Thanks a lot Charlie

I've emailed Gruffydd and will phone the other tomorrow

Mike
1959 Dexta

charlie63
True Blue

Post by charlie63 »

Mike,
Unsure if you have managed to locate a lift arm yet but there is a complete hydraulic assembly come on to E-bay. The item number is 332722887876.

Regards,
Charlie.

MikesDexta
True Blue

Post by MikesDexta »

Thanks Charlie well spotted!

I've had no luck getting the lift arm - your bloke said he thought he had one then a few days later said he couldn't find it. I did manage to ream out the fergy arm to take the clevis though, so it all works as it should but I would like to get a dexta one at some stage.

cheers

Mike
1959 Dexta