Super Major 1963 hydraulic pump

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Super Major 1963 hydraulic pump

Post by MajorTom63 »

Anyone out there with a working hydraulic pump for a February 1963 Super Major (blue/orange model) available to buy, please message me if you have, cash waiting 😉..
Really be appreciated !!!👍👍

Emiel
True Blue

Re: Super Major 1963 hydraulic pump

Post by Emiel »

Hi,

Google found this for me. https://www.whitehouseproductsltd.com/s ... ?s=Fordson

Rgds emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

Thank you for that, I appreciate your help, already contacted them, no problem except for the price, need to take out second mortgage for their price 😂, but if all else fails, I’ll have no option, they are just under £600 + vat 🤬, I know they can turn one around in a day, as made to order, hence the price, but at least it is guaranteed 😉, should see my lifetime out 😂👍👍

mathias1
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by mathias1 »

Tom,

is it beyond repair? Maybe it's worth changing the oil seals and see if it works?
Fordson Super Major New Performance
County Super 4 built on the Fordson Super Major
Selene built on the Fordson Super Major New Performance with Silvant winch

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

To be really honest, got to get it completely stripped down to be sure, got all new seals and o rings ready to do the job, but I do need another one for my other Super Major, as that has definitely gone tits up 😂, So definitely need one either way, just be Sod’s law that I need x2. Hopefully not!!!! just got too much on at the moment!! Got a full nut/bolt restoration on a DB for someone else, who is desperate for it, so my own projects have to go to one side, except I need my Major right as has front loader on, which is used constantly, except now!!!🤬

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

Are you sure it's the pump that's wrong? Open the external service tapping and valve, put the main lever in fully up and the selector lever in qualitrol, disengage PTO (and engage raised PTO if you've got it) and turn the PTO shaft by hand and see if anything comes out, if it does block it with your finger and see if the pressure rises noticeably, if it does the pump is ok. If it doesn't, lift the top cover and block the feed pipe with your finger and turn again, noticing if the pressure rises and if the pump drive gear turns, if the gear doesn't turn the key will have sheared and you'll need to find a second hand one or make a new one. I also recommend you clean the filters in the rear end. If the suction filter is sucked in push it out with a bent bar.
Some pics would help too, as they can show up other potential problems.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

Hi Sandy, thanks for that, all filters have been completely cleaned, new oil, was working fine after service, replaced o rings in top cover, haven’t left any rags or crap inside, worked fine for weeks, then I got very erratic problem with lift arms, auxiliary service to front loader working great though. All of sudden with the erratic rear arms, nasty noises and then completely failed!! Now nothing at all, have had to remove front loader so I can move her about, running great & driving fine, so investigation required, but I do need a replacement for my other Super Major, which the complete casting has cracked through!! That one I’m in no rush for, but still required to get that one sorted. Hopefully I’ll get chance to try a few things this weekend, got all o rings and seals, I am wondering if something has sheared!! Really appreciate the feedback, but definitely need a pump for my other old girl😂👍

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

The cracked one sounds like a blockage, so look at that meantime and keep en eye out for second hand pumps too as you might find a good one for far less; remember many current manufactured parts are of inferior quality.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

Hi ya Sandy, I have got feelers out with most of the breakers, whitehouses in Scotland want just under £600 + vat, which is expensive and they say they are made to order, but heard conflicting reports.. please if you hear of an original one in the meantime, please let me know either by FFA message or on 07736 973913... really appreciate your feedback many thanks Charlie

lakebilly
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by lakebilly »

Thinking that I needed a pump I bought one on Ebay.UK. My mechanic put new rings in my pump & it appears to work fine. He took the UK pump to check it out & it may be for sale shortly.
email: rosco@frontiernet.net
or message me here: https://www.facebook.com/russ.piraino/
63 Fordson Super Major "Babe", 1953 Jubilee, IH 656, Ford 961. Farmall H, Kubota 3430
FB pic page of tractors; https://www.facebook.com/pg/Unkle-Sonny ... 2873587074

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

Hopefully you received my email, yes please, either contact me via FFA, or realtree13@btinternet.com
Look forward to hearing back from you, all the best Charlie

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Lads,

You can sent email through the forum. That way your adres is not showed on the board.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

No worries

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

Finally all sorted with a pump from my good buddy George, no stupid price either, good honest service and a new friend as well!!!! Wish there was more people like this who help out & not expecting a fortune for a genuine article!!! Lately I’ve seen people pay ridiculous money for items of various sorts on a well known auction site, just because it says FOMOCO on the rear of the item!!!! Very soon we’ll all be in a situation of extortionate sums of money for original parts, which is very nice to have, but bloody ridiculous!!!! Just seen x2 original working temperature gauges just fetching shy of £300😂, the world has gone barmy, originality is great, but at what price, especially as most people will never know or realise the difference from a good quality replacement!!!!! Rant over now, thank goodness for good honest people like my new friend George, who is only too pleased help out a fellow enthusiast!!!!!!!!!!

Billy26F5
True Blue

Post by Billy26F5 »

I agree 100% with the prices of original parts, and that lots of people won't see the difference to the better repro parts (I am basically referring to those that fit properly and work properly, as anyone will probably notice if they aren't up to the job). I have always thought that original parts should be sold at reasonable prices, especially those that are not available aftermarket, they are after all made for the farmer (or industrial user), not the tractor collector, and therefore should be particularly aimed at the people who still use their tractors for hard work.
Sandy
ImageImageImage

MajorTom63
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MajorTom63 »

:clap: