WANTED: Ford 3000 front weight carrier and weights

Looking for parts? Got parts? Post it here!
Soldier
Not Quite Blue Yet

WANTED: Ford 3000 front weight carrier and weights

Post by Soldier »

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

I'm a relative newbie here, owned my 3000 for just over a year now. I'd like to use a fencepost chapper and I need some front nose weights including the frame carrier.

Does anyone have any for sale?

I can only see 2 bolt holes on the front and don't know where else it would bolt too. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you in advance

John

John b
True Blue

Re: WANTED: Ford 3000 front weight carrier and weights

Post by John b »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... J9CifQw_Kp
Does that one look like it will fit? There are some 3000 weights on ebay, depends if you want to sell a kidney to buy them though!
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Soldier
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Soldier »

Hi John B,

Yes, that looks like it would fit John. The fact that it's only held on with two bolts worries me if there is so much weight on it though. Whats your opinion?

Best wishes Sir,

John

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

Hi John
I reckon it will be ok, they are big bolts and as long as they are tight they should be fine. Just make sure you use new 8.8 graded high tensile bolts, nyloc nuts and spring washers, and i dont think you'll have a problem
John B
My biggest fear is that when i die my wife will sell my tractors for what i told her they cost

Soldier
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Soldier »

Hello John,

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the carrier from John Conaty in southern Ireland.
Once it's here I'll measure up for some new 8.8 bolts spring washer and nuts as suggested.
Then onto buying the weights, I cannot believe what some are asking for them!
Many thanks

John

:D

John b
True Blue

Post by John b »

They are daft money, but find a picture of the ones for your tractor and look at the weights for all fords, you might find some that will fit from other tractors. I think yours are the small type, there are 8 on ebay now with 4 hrs left at £100, they look like the small type
John b-