Roll bar for a Dexta?

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Dextrous
True Blue

Roll bar for a Dexta?

Post by Dextrous »

What is the best roll bar for a dexta in terms of not having to butcher tin work but still effective in terms of safety? For example, there is a Titan roll bar on ebay now - looks OK however I have no idea if different manufacturers had different fitting methods or pro's and cons.

I do know that some neded the tin work to be altered - not something I want to do unless unavoidable.

Regards
Andy

Tubal Cain
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by Tubal Cain »

I have two different types of Dexta roll bar, both of which bolt onto the rear axle using the bolts which secure the mudguards and which do not require any alterations to the tinwork.

I have just viewed the one on Ebay and it is similar to one of mine.

Gerald

Dextrous
True Blue

Post by Dextrous »

Thanks Gerald

I'll keep my eye out for one that folds at the top. Were building a field shelter and I want to make sure I can get in to clean out the bedding.

Regards
Andy

Bensdexta
True Blue

Folding Roll-Bar (ROPS)

Post by Bensdexta »

Dextrous wrote:I'll keep my eye out for one that folds at the top.
I've bought a new Flatford F91 folding frame, but have yet to fit it. My brief research of what's available on the UK market indicated this was far the best value at £120 ex Vat new. A well-know supplier even offered me a 2nd-hand roll-bar for £250 :twisted:

The Flatford F91 is OECD safety approved for the Dexta (amongst others) and I'm assured fits easily onto the Dexta incl the hand-brake ratchet. They have built over 8000 of them so something must be right.

Here's a thread on my earlier deliberations on ROPS:
http://www.fordsontractorpages.nl/phpbb ... f6c21cc6c0
All the best,
Ben

Dextrous
True Blue

Post by Dextrous »

Excellent info, where did you buy it from Ben?

Regards
Andy

Bensdexta
True Blue

Flatford F91

Post by Bensdexta »

Dextrous wrote:Excellent info, where did you buy it from Ben?
Directly from Flatford Ltd, Elvington, York, North Yorkshire YO41 4DY, 01904-608383, sales@flatford.co.uk. They're in your general area so if you can arrange collection saves quite alot on carriage. It comes in a couple of heavy boxes, which fit easily in a car.
All the best,
Ben

Raymondc71
True Blue

Post by Raymondc71 »

hi i have one for sale it came with the tractor when i bought it last year bolts into the rear axle..i took mine of because im using mine for show..it has an badge on it with a number but the badge is very hard too read infact impossible..il get a pic soon..id sell it..ireland...it weighs ALOT!!
Diesel Dexta 1960 Restyle