Ferguson hoe

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
RACDEXTA
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ferguson hoe

Post by RACDEXTA »

Hello I'm not sure if I should be talking about Grey subjects but I know how helpful and informed everyone is here so I hope someone might be able to help. I have been given a Ferguson steering hoe which is in good condition but has 9 of the 25 (i think 25) legs missing. Would anyone know where I might be able to find these parts or any general info about the implement as I don't know much about it and would love to use it behind my Dexta,
kind regards Rob.
p.s. it isen't a disc hoe

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

25 seems a lot of legs for that implement. Usually you have 5 rows with a hoe on either side of the row, (10) then one in the centre of the rows to get any weeds missed (5).

A very useful tool if you grow crops in rows but be aware, from one who has done it, you can loose a lot of your crop with a little distraction or inexperience on either the tractor or the hoe seat.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

How about a picture, I would like to see that. By the caption, I thought at first you were talking about a Back Hoe. I have a MF 30D. It has been a very good machine. What kind of crops do you grow? Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

RACDEXTA
Not Quite Blue Yet

ferguson hoe

Post by RACDEXTA »

Thankyou for your replies I will try and add some photos to give a better idea, regards Rob

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Dave,
This is an inter-row hoe, the sort of thing that was mid-mounted on IH and Allis B's. We had them on the three point linkage with a man steering it.

Today, where they are used, they are mainly front mounted. They are even electronically controlled to weed between the crop as well as down the row.

www.garford.com
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian