Front Loader on E Bay

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
woodseaves
True Blue

Front Loader on E Bay

Post by woodseaves »

Can anyone tell from these photos whether this loader is complete? I am thinking of bidding, wise or not? Item Number 190421387492

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

It looks complete but I would be prepared to fit new hoses and you may need some fittings to connect up as it is not clear what pipe work is provided. Only one of the mounting brackets is shown but looking at another item he is selling both are visible in the background of that picture. I believe it is the same loader as fitted to the TE20

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

I would wait till a Horndraulic loader comes up. They are a more sturdy design and also more common, & prob easier to get parts for.
Allt the best
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

woodseaves
True Blue

Post by woodseaves »

E Bay Item Number 170515068187

Will this fit a dexta?

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

I should imagine it could be fitted but it may require modified brackets to fit to the rear of the engine / front of gearbox. The axle mountings on a dexta and MF35 are the same so that end should be no problem

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The axle brackets would fit but the MIL mounts on the front axle support on the Fergy so this would require modification.

They are not a bad loader for their size. I use one on my Fergy and have for many years. Loading height is a bit restricted but its a lot better than a fork. :D

There are time when you think to yourself, I could load this a lot faster with a fork, but when you try its a bit of a eye opener! :shock:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

woodseaves
True Blue

Post by woodseaves »

So am I right in assuming that they made a Horndraulic loader to fit the Dexta?

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

woodseaves wrote:So am I right in assuming that they made a Horndraulic loader to fit the Dexta?
Yes, it's the most common type, see pic below
The transverse member of the mounting frame bolts under the tractor onto the flange at the front of the clutch housing, where it is bolted to the engine block. The two longitudinal frame members onto which the arms and hydraulic rams are mounted, run backwards to brackets (painted red in the foreground of the pic) which are bolted under the rear axle onto the fender bolts. I got mine complete for £120.

I think there is also a later type of mounting frame that fits a Dexta, but the arms are the same.
HTH! :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

If you look at the picture of the loader on my Super Dexta it is basically the same as the one above but does away with the angled section and uses simply a vertical mounting point for the loader which makes it easier to get on and off the tractor