Clamp on bucket pallet forks

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
michael dyer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Clamp on bucket pallet forks

Post by michael dyer »

Anybody had any experience of the following product: thinking of purchasing to fit a Dexta loader bucket and want to know if they are any good.
Clamp-on bucket forks fit any compact tractor
Product Specifications:

1067mm working area.
Extends 356mm under bucket and 152mm inside bucket, with 51mm opening for cutting edge.
May add any length 2 x 4's, not included, into top holes as shown to stop load.
Length: 1524mm
Sold as a pair

Hopefully the folowing link will not be banned as an advert
http://www.northerntooluk.com/agricultu ... cification

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

I didn't know that Northern Tool had a UK division. I've never actually seen any of their forks, but I've used some that were made the same. They work OK if your bucket is well built and in good condition. If its a little thin, they can bend the cutting edge and the bottom of the bucket. I prefer the L-shaped ones that pin to the top of the bucket.

michael dyer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by michael dyer »

JC wrote:I didn't know that Northern Tool had a UK division. I've never actually seen any of their forks, but I've used some that were made the same. They work OK if your bucket is well built and in good condition. If its a little thin, they can bend the cutting edge and the bottom of the bucket. I prefer the L-shaped ones that pin to the top of the bucket.
Thanks JC

Touche I did'nt know that Northern Tool (Parent Company) were US based.

With your remarks I may now go ahead and purchase a pair

neilarmo
True Blue

Post by neilarmo »

Michael, what weight are you planning on moving with pallet tines?
In my experience (Ford 4600) moving the weight a foot forwards will increase the load on the loader and reduce the weight on the back axle leading to front axle problems and lack of grip.

Also, HOW MUCH! I know knocking the pins out of a bucket to swap it is a difficult job compared to modern quick attach brackets but I would be looking for an old bucket to suit your loader and get a local engineer / farmer / welder to make a set of pallet tines to fit as a replacement for your bucket when you need to use it.
Mind you I am tight and have a large welder and 3 sets of spare tines.

n

michael dyer
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re:

Post by michael dyer »

[quote="neilarmo"]Michael, what weight are you planning on moving with pallet tines?
In my experience (Ford 4600) moving the weight a foot forwards will increase the load on the loader and reduce the weight on the back axle leading to front axle problems and lack of grip.

Also, HOW MUCH! I know knocking the pins out of a bucket to swap it is a difficult job compared to modern quick attach brackets but I would be looking for an old bucket to suit your loader and get a local engineer / farmer / welder to make a set of pallet tines to fit as a replacement for your bucket when you need to use it.
Mind you I am tight and have a large welder and 3 sets of spare tines

Thanks for your concern; only planning to move fairly light loads around so lack of grip etc should not be a problem; I already have the rear wheels partly water ballasted. I agree with your comments about quick hitch brackets etc but I am trying to keep the tractor and loader orginal ;hence the thought of using clamp on pallet forks