To All New Members

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

To All New Members

Post by Brian »

Dear visitor,

If you wish to join the site, then please click the Registration link on your screen and follow the instructions. If your account is not activated within a few days,then please send a reply to the email you received during registration and tell us a bit about yourself and your interest in Fordson tractors.

We welcome all genuine posters but reserve the right to ban ones who seem suspect to us.

Warm regards,
The FordsonTractorPages team.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

62Super
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: To All New Members

Post by 62Super »

Hi I live in Alberta Canada
I've got two Majors a 56 and 57 running and a super major1961 set to be rebuilt not running.
I started out looking for a tractor with a loader to clear my driveway. now its like I'm addicted
to these things I keep buying them . Right now I'm putting a clutch in the 57 it has the 12inch
dual clutch I'm having trouble finding much info on setting it up with out the ford tool any help
would be appreciated .
thanks

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: To All New Members

Post by BearCreek Majors »

Hi Super62, you kinda got your posting in the wrong place but one of the admin's will probably move it to the "Fordson New Major" coulomb.

I don't believe any of the regular members here have the tool to do these, I picked one up last winter and to be honest with you, I still haven't got around to finding the proper documentation to use it.
What I've been doing is the method I believe Brian suggests, after you have it back together bolt it onto the engine and mount a dial indicator to the engine and verify the bolts on the release arms are all adjusted to the same height, the rear ones being set back about 5/8" from the front ones. I usually try to start with the bolts somewhere in the middle of their adjustment. also don't forget about the end play in the crankshaft, I always pry the flywheel all the way back after each time it is indexed.

And yes they are addictive, I have more than should be allowed by law!

Pat