Pascal's 6 cyl Major working with cultivator.

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Jan 59
True Blue

Pascal's 6 cyl Major working with cultivator.

Post by Jan 59 »

Last saturday Pascal was cleaning the inside of his engine by working a cultivator on field near local plow match. Did a good job, engine working hard without any trace of smoke. :D :D

For photo's plow match see :https://picasaweb.google.com/1073672963 ... directlink

There was a Cat. D6 plowing with a Ransomes trailed plow , The plow bodies were changed for Rumptstad bodies . The plow looked like a Ransomes Giantrac but its different from the pictures in the Giantrac leaflet.
Am very interested to know what plow this is. :?:

Jan 59
True Blue

Re: Pascal's 6 cyl Major working with cultivator.

Post by Jan 59 »

Sorry did something wrong to post photo's of Pascal, :( :( but if you open webalbum of plow match you will find him instantly. :D :D .

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Very nice pictures Jan,
Thanks.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Jan , thanks for the pictures...not far from Zoeterwoude/Weipoort :clap: BTDT. Any Heineken on site when your ploughing :buddies: Cheers TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Thank yo ufor the pictures, Jan!

TSG, it was indeed not far from Heineken. :beer:
But no fear: we didn't drink & plough at the same time. :mrgreen:
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

It looks like it was a good day and everyone had a good time! Nice photos. :clap: That D-6 Cat looks like an old 9U series. The D-4 Cat was, and is, the model with the most changes, and serial suffix numbers. They have been built all over the world. I like the petrol Fordson. Yup, I have to agree, Pascal is the guy with the biggest smile. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Jan 59
True Blue

Post by Jan 59 »

Glad that you liked the photo's :D :D
It is always amazing to see some comments ,TSG from new Zealand noting that we were nearby Heineken, i never realized that. Heineken seems to promote itself very good worldwide. Had a beer after the match. :beer:

I liked the Cat's plowing, but don't know much about them. When looking and listening to the very sweet running D4 somebody told me that the engine was designed by Mitsubishi ?? Had my doubts about that.
Always nice to see start procedure of D6; first electric start of the 2 cyl startermoter running on gasoline and then cranking and warming up the main diesel with that one.

That Ransomes plough behind the D6 is a bit a of a mystery to me.
The man on the D6 told me were it came from ,and as I worked since 1970 at the Dutch Ransomes distributor went into the sales files (small hand written books) reading year after year and found that this customer got a Ransomes "SUPERTRAC"TS41A Dec 10 1952. .The plough looks like a Supertrac but is different from the illustration on my copy of the instruction/parts manual. It is possible that it was made to specification, but no records available.

Remember a meeting in the office in 1971 or 1972 regarding a quiry of this customer for new ploughbodies to fit their plow, for testpurposes, so we offered them SCN bodies prepared by Ransomes to suit there plow.
At the same time they bought bodies from our competitor Rumptstad (localmanufacturer) for test . Sad sad but Rumpstad won after extensive testing of both types. Strange that you see the result after 40+ years, and you immediately remember the story behind it.
A few years later(73/74) the board of directors decided that selling farm machinery had no future and all Ransomes blue stuff was removed from the stores, and we carried on with Ransomes grass machinery. :( .

Always missed the farm machinery side in our workshops and in the field, but now we have vintage plowing and love it. :D

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Jan, I thought that maybe after a few Heinekins that the ploughing might improve! As for knowing about the Heinekin factory, its not the I drink beer :beer: or to their promotion, its because thats where my father and grand parents come from :clap: .In saying that most of my uncles and aunts also come from this area. As for the other side of the family, they come from "Venlo" ,but I'm not going there as it will decend into the very murky depths of Dutch politics...... :scratchhead: TSG
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Jan 59
True Blue

Post by Jan 59 »

Hi TSG,

Now Its clear why you know all this, Good to know you have good roots. That area was a good one for selling Ransomes farm machinery through the local Ford dealer in Hazerswoude.

Politics : :cry: :cry: :cry:

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Jan, allways looking for Ransomes ploughs in NZ, but not many over here :eyes: Maybe I will have to get one from back from Holland?? As for politics ( And ALLEGED relation/politician) :curse: :curse: :curse: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900