My kids know me to well

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

My kids know me to well

Post by BearCreek Majors »

The youngest kid came home from work the other day with a fender mounted radio off a leland somone had brought into the shop, I just looked at him, probably with a scowel, and mumbled somthing about not putting any junk on my tractors. he stood there with a little smirk and told me to look closer, thats when I noticed the FORD emblem on it. I think it will go on the Super Six.

Pat

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: My kids know me to well

Post by henk »

You are bringing up your kids well.
You will have to set the volume high to come over the engine sound.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

JC

Post by JC »

The radio is cool, Pat, but what's the story on the mini Super 4 in your signature pic?

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

The minie Super Four was my birthday present from the wife and kids, it’s a Universal Hobbies 1/16 scale model, it’s quite detailed with a working hood, front wheels that steer and the seat flips up.
The Super six is in the background, I had it out because I had just gotten done pulling out the neighbors 1466 IH they got stuck in the corner of the field while chopping corn. Just thought it was a cool pic, and yes the wife has been verbally abused all weekend for not getting a picture of the Super Six pulling out a IH.

Pat

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

I didn’t realize they even made a radio for the tractors in the mid fifty’s. That would have to be the ultimate accessory! Notice the 6 valve super heterodyne circuit! They probably put the handle on the top because it would be coming off for repair a lot.
If any one buys this before me I’d like a copy.

Pat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1955-FO ... 2c62633373