Hesford Winch

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Hesford
Not Quite Blue Yet

Hesford Winch

Post by Hesford »

Hello,

I'm looking for anyone who has got or used to have a hesford winch mounted on a E27N I'm currently restoring one for my tractor and have hit a snag. On the N/S there is a short casting going on to a dog clutch this is seized i assume this is for free spoolng although i'm not sure.

Does anyone have any information on them what so ever such as parts books operating guides ect

Ash :D
1950 E27N Petrol/TVO
1956 New Major Mark1

Roadless63
True Blue

Re: Hesford Winch

Post by Roadless63 »

I did have a 3ton one that was plinth mounted but have since sold it, I do have a t20 fergy one which is very similar except 3 point linkage mounted. I think the plinth ones had a slightly different lever mounting arrangement that utilised some castings on the winch itself. Should be a band brake on one and a dog clutch on the other. I seem to recall there is a cone type clutch which was supposed to prevent overloading but I have had a unit which the casing was split in half (not by me!).
I should have a parts book for the ferguson 3 ton winch somewhere which may show you what you need (assuming we are talking about the same winch).