ferguson plough

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
wee blue tractor fan
Not Quite Blue Yet

ferguson plough

Post by wee blue tractor fan »

i came home from our local ploughing match dissapointed that there was no ford or fordsons ploughing so i have decided to try and change that next year.I have a two furrow fergy plough that i have cleaned up and was going to use to practice with are these ploughs any use?I think it is a deep digger plough i dont seem to be able to find any info on these ploughs. I also have a ransomes ts 81 two furrow reversable would that be to big for a dexta any thoughts

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: ferguson plough

Post by Brian »

The Ferguson plough is not a good one for ploughing matches, they usually have their own class as the work can be very poor when judged against Ransomes or other makes. It is not easy to adjust or set up.

The TS81 was designed for the Super Dexta and Dexta.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Isn't that a bit like putting an international harvester Plow behind a john deere. :shock: ... :cry: ... :lol: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

tom lad
True Blue

Post by tom lad »

hi

i use my fergie ploughs behind my s dexta , both 2 and 3 furrow , they work , but brian is right , i dont think they will compete against a ransomes ect.
i've entered 1 match so far , using a fergie plough , i've since bought a ts 59 ( rusty condition ) which is goin back together soon :beer: all bein well.
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.