Kverlands plough

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Kverlands plough

Post by BearCreek Majors »

I went to an auction yesterday, found this Ford fuel oil space heater, thought it was neat. They started the bid at a couple hundred and couldn’t get any takers, finally I hollered $20, luckily some other guy got me off the hook for $50.I needed that thing like I needed a hole in the head.
However I did manage to get granny mad by bringing home a Kvernlands 4 bottom for the Super Six, this unit is Identical to my three bottom that I pull behind the Super Four.

Pat

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Re: Kverlands plough

The oldest boy knew a guy he worked with that wanted to trade a old Fergy two bottom plow that I had for a three bottom Deer plow he had, didn’t have to do anything to it other than a few squirts of grease and go. We put it on the back of the Selene and the Kvernlands on the County’s and went out and played in the mud.

Pat

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Great picture :clap:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

BearCreek Majors wrote:The oldest boy knew a guy he worked with that wanted to trade a old Fergy two bottom plow that I had for a three bottom Deer plow he had, didn’t have to do anything to it other than a few squirts of grease and go. We put it on the back of the Selene and the Kvernlands on the County’s and went out and played in the mud.

Pat

Nice collection you have there. Makes everyone jealous :-)

I like the Kverneland ploughs. A quality product from Norway :) Didnt know you got them over there.
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR

Kiwi Kev

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Pat
Which tractor were you 'allowed' to drive?
You are a very lucky man though, to have such a working collection :mrgreen:
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

BearCreek Majors
True Blue

Thanks guys.
Frode, my apologies for misspelling Kvernlands, I also need to learn how to pronounce it correctly .Most people around her pronounce it Keverland, and I’d have to guess that’s wrong.
I don’t know about the rest of the US but in this area they are a fairly common plow. Most people swear by them, a few swear at them, but there are people that will swear at their equipment regardless of the brand. There was an implement dealer over in Embarrass that sold them (Yes, the Embarrass river runs through town), with every new Leland sold they would throw in a free Kvernlands plow. The units with the leaf spring trip mechanisms seem to be the most popular. I have one 4-12s that is in very bad shape and missing a lot of parts, I was told it is a high speed plow and it has a trip mechanism with two coil springs somewhat similar to the IH plows.

Kev, they let my run the Selene, eventuly I had cried and stomped my feet enough that I got to take the other two for a few laps.

Pat

frode
True Blue

Post by frode »

BearCreek Majors wrote:Thanks guys.
Frode, my apologies for misspelling Kvernlands, I also need to learn how to pronounce it correctly .Most people around her pronounce it Keverland, and I’d have to guess that’s wrong.
I don’t know about the rest of the US but in this area they are a fairly common plow. Most people swear by them, a few swear at them, but there are people that will swear at their equipment regardless of the brand. There was an implement dealer over in Embarrass that sold them (Yes, the Embarrass river runs through town), with every new Leland sold they would throw in a free Kvernlands plow. The units with the leaf spring trip mechanisms seem to be the most popular. I have one 4-12s that is in very bad shape and missing a lot of parts, I was told it is a high speed plow and it has a trip mechanism with two coil springs somewhat similar to the IH plows.

Kev, they let my run the Selene, eventuly I had cried and stomped my feet enough that I got to take the other two for a few laps.

Pat
When pronouncing I guess the closest thing would be something like "Quernland" :) Kverneland started as a one man operation and have been producing equipment for the farmer since 1879. First tractor plough was made in 1928. In 1998 they were and I think they still are the world biggest manufacturer of agricultural equipment. I have no technical knowledge of their equipment, sorry. Not a farmer myself, altough most of my roots were ;)
frode

1957 County MarkIV Crawler
1964 County Super-4
1967 County 654
1977 County 7600-FOUR