Help How do I get my topper to lift ?

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
mosshog
Not Quite Blue Yet

Help How do I get my topper to lift ?

Post by mosshog »

Hi all
I have just got a single blade topper for my dexta , which work great , but I can not lift the topper up with out the PTO shaft hitting the front of the topper .
Do I need to alter the lenght of the top link and lift chains on the topper , or will i never beable to lift it with the PTO shaft connected .
I hope someone else has been here before me , and its a simple fix

Many Thanks Andy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

You need to shorten the top link if the PTO shaft is hitting the front of the topper.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

mosshog
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by mosshog »

Thanks Brian

Shorten top link so the A frame is leaning forward .

thnaks again Andy

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Yes.
If it is anything like my topper, the top link is not a fixture and moves to allow the topper to float. Then when you lift at the ends, the topper hangs back, lifting the front and that can hit the PTO shaft. Possibly why all the toppers I see have the guard cut through about mid way down its length. :oops:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian