John Deere Plow

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
curtsat15
True Blue

John Deere Plow

Post by curtsat15 »

I have the opportunity to buy a pull type John Deere 95 ABH 3 bottom plow, (May be a 96, lettering is faded). Fellow is asking $300 for it. It is totally complete with the coulters, furrow wheel, and even an extra wheel that it travels on. The only thing I can see that is not original, is the engagement lever has been replaced. It is quite rusty, but it hasn't been used in 4 or 5 years and was parked in the back tree-line of the owners Shark. I have been looking for a decent plow for a decent price for almost a year, and here this one is less than a mile away from my parents' yard where I am going to be using it anyway! Found out about it totally by chance when I was talking to a friend at work and his assistant joined the conversation and said HEY! I have an old plow I don't need! Turns out I had seen the results of it's use, but it never dawned on me that he had done the work, as we have many farming neighbors in that tiny village, and I had thought he had hired someone to plow it. As I said, he is asking $300 (Cdn), I offered $200 and he ALMOST jumped on it! Gonna see what I can do with him. Sorry for the long tale. To the point: Does anyone have any literature on this plow? Even a link to some info would be great! THANKS! :beer: