settings for sickle bar mower query

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
kiwiland dexta
True Blue

settings for sickle bar mower query

Post by kiwiland dexta »

G'day again, I have recently acquired a MF 327 sickle bar mower to follow my Dexta about (rightful place!), quite functional but not being an old hand at the fine tuning of such things I wonder if anyone has such a thing as a manual for one, or knows a source for one. Bit of a long shot, I know, so you may be able to give me some general advice, please! :?
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Just some general advice Kev, keep the blade sharp and run an angle grinder down the sides of the fingers where the knife shears the crop.

This is called the ledger plate on some mowers and combines, some of them are replaceable with a rivet through the finger but some are cast into the finger. You need a good clean edge there if it is going to cut cleanly and not overload the drive.

I have a Ransomes one that might find its way onto the Petrol Dexta.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian