3-point-quick-change-hitch

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Bensdexta
True Blue

3-point-quick-change-hitch

Post by Bensdexta »

Has anyone tried these on their Dexta or Major?
http://www.northerntooluk.com/agricultu ... cification

I'm not quite sure how you get the lift arms at the correct spacing for your implement without getting off?

Think you can still use a stab bar.

Any comments appreciated. :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

tom lad
True Blue

Re: 3-point-quick-change-hitch

Post by tom lad »

Bensdexta wrote:I'm not quite sure how you get the lift arms at the correct spacing for your implement without getting off?
me neither m8

cant see its worth the money tbh
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

tom lad wrote:
Bensdexta wrote:I'm not quite sure how you get the lift arms at the correct spacing for your implement without getting off?
me neither m8. Can't see its worth the money tbh
There's an adjustable spacer that you can use to set the width, just visible in the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYM0bOSBVJ8

But I'm inclined to agree, prob not worth the money. A quick-hitch A-frame is another option, but implements may have to be altered to match width etc.

One other point, such devices will reduce lift capacity slightly because you're moving the weight further back. :eyes:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Mjg1705
True Blue

Post by Mjg1705 »

They seem a good idea but are far too expensive - for that cost you could buy some old hook end lift arms ant fit them to a major for example - anyone ever tried doing that ?! :wink:
1963 fordson new performance super major. And An array or fordson parts and pieces !