Ferguson Cordwood Saw set up advice

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Jerry Coles
True Blue

Ferguson Cordwood Saw set up advice

Post by Jerry Coles »

Hi everyone
Posting this as I know several members use this type of saw (apologies for using that word!).
Went off yesterday on my Dexta (obligatory Fordson mention!) to cut some logs with the saw and it didn't seem right.
If it was cutting thick heavy wood the belt would sometimes wander alarmingly across the pulley.
I then realise that I had parked the saw on uneven ground previously and had to use the levelling box to pick up on the RH pin.
Lining up the sides of the pulleys by MK1 eyeball there was a pronounced twist in the alignment.
I corrected this by adjusting the levelling box until the pulleys ran parallel and the belt didn't wander at all and seemed to cut much better.
I also use a steady bar on the RH side to keep the pulleys aligned and keep the guard from scraping the inner part of the RH wing.
A minor point but if you use this type of saw it just makes things that little bit better.
Be careful out there.
Regards
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

tom lad
True Blue

Re: Ferguson Cordwood Saw set up advice

Post by tom lad »

hi
I have one on a tvo fergie
done a lot of work with it , great tool ,highly recommended
we bought a tct blade for it !! which was dear but worth it I think.
not tried to hitch it to anything else .
tom
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.