Old Massey small square baler tyre sizes

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
npaisnel
True Blue

Old Massey small square baler tyre sizes

Post by npaisnel »

Sorry guys not giving any one much to go on here, but i wanted to get the question up., have ben meaning to do it for a few weeks now.

I have an old MF small square baler...ummmm think it is MF35...but that was also a tractor model was it not? so maybe I am mistaken.

Now I had a flat tyre on it last time I looked, maybe 5 years ago, and it needed moving ..so any old tyre got stuck on the rim. But I do remember one side was a different size to the other....but that could have also been a 'get me going tyre' from 20-30 years ago too.

So..any one have any clue as to what I am talking about and if some of these older balers had different left/right tyre sizes?

I'll try and get pictures and a definite model number later.
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,

Daves rusty bits
True Blue

Re: Old Massey small square baler tyre sizes

Post by Daves rusty bits »

Only just seen your post but the NH? Super hayliner 268 definitely had different sized tyres, from memory it would have been a 7.50 x 16 on the left hand side and 6.50 x16 or similar setup on the pickup side. The LH side would have been much heavier hence the larger tyre. Did you get the baler going this year?
1960 Power Major, 1975 International 475 - well no ones perfect.

npaisnel
True Blue

Re: Old Massey small square baler tyre sizes

Post by npaisnel »

Only just saw your reply!!

No not used it in a few years, though I did lend it out in 2014, think that was why I was asking about tyre size

Not seen it since, but I am unlikely to use it so not a problem. Hope it is being looked after
If any one finds any of my pictures of interest, please do right click and Save Them to your computer as soon as possible.
I host my pictures on my own server and since this site does not save images, they may not always be available,