Front bonnet protection

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
MikeR
Not Quite Blue Yet

Front bonnet protection

Post by MikeR »

Hi
Any body got a picture/ details of the guard to protect the dexta front cowl - or even one for sale.
I use my dexta with a front loader and keep bashing the tin work which i would rather not if i can avoid it
Mike

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

one shouldnt be hard to make as it bolts to the front axle. i made one when i was working for a nurserys out here as a mechanic/fabricator.

I used 6mm plate for the brackets to the axle and box tubing for the frame and cross braces, then coverd the front with some wire mesh and its still going strong now.

Regards
James

MikeR
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MikeR »

i take it is just bolted to the front axle each side? and therfore moves in the same plane if the wheels move up or down but rotates across in front of the bonnet/cowl ? Excuse the weird description!!
Mike

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

yes thats correct i bolts on using the front wheel track bolts.

Regards
James

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

MikeR wrote:i take it is just bolted to the front axle each side? and therfore moves in the same plane if the wheels move up or down but rotates across in front of the bonnet/cowl ? Excuse the weird description!!
Mine bolts to the front axle too
Excuse pic, tractor's now in bits!
My Dexta has a Horndraulic loader and the bull-bars seem to be part of the fit, as I've seen other Dextas with Horndraulic loaders with identical bars.
All the best,
Ben

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

We have lots of 9N, 2N, 8N, and NAA Fords over here. The grill guards off of them look like they would be really easy to put on a Dexta. I don't think many of them found their way to your side of the pond, though, so that probably won't help you much.

MikeR
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by MikeR »

thanks for the photos - now i have got the idea i am sure i can cobble something together.
Mike