Ford 102 plough

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Deutz514
Not Quite Blue Yet

Ford 102 plough

Post by Deutz514 »

Hello i was wondering if anybody had some information about ford 102 ploughs they are a 2 bottom rollover the only thing I Know is they are very rare where i am and i believe they were built in the late 50s era and they came in 12,14 or 16 inch bottoms but unsure it is pretty hard to find information and parts seem almost impossible i wonder if they would be used on a major or power major seeming as the ford 600-800 series tractors seem to small any information would be greatly appreciated
Thanks mathew!

Here is a video of our plough in action dont mind the tractor in front of it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otC74Aj1RA0

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Ford 102 plough

Post by oehrick »

Hi Deutz

I think there has been some discussion on these previously, if you put TS102 into the search box top right you may find the info you need

Good luck with the hunt, I think these may be expensive in the UK but they are about ifyou have deep enough pockets :eyes:
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Deutz514
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Deutz514 »

Thanks oehrick but i believe the plough you are referring to was made by ransomes? I did look up the ts102 and while they have some similarities they are not the same i did some more researching and believe they were built from 1957-1960 and yes they were designed to be pulled with the ford 800 series tractors here in north america and were painted ford red not blue thanks again and i will keep digging and when the weather turns around i will snap some photos for everyone to see

blackbob
True Blue

Post by blackbob »

You're making a tidy job, even though the soil looks hard underneath, and slippery on top... :clap:

..compare it with the efforts of this dude - who isn't even sure if his 4wd tractor, with front loader for ballast, will be able to pull a 2-furrow plough :roll: - in what looks nice dry, sandy soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjzHmpK4kew

Do we have a 'bring a tear to a glass eye' smiley? :cry:
1440276 - 1957 - working
1335674 - err - one day..
Claeys combine M103 - 1963 703129 - working
Ford 7710 2wd, 1983 - working

The Fordson Tractor Pages. Built to be relied on.

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by oehrick »

OK Deutz, that may well be the case - Ransomes made some models marked variously Ransomes, FR and Ford and then didn't load the internet with pictures and specifications ready to help us 50 years later :scratchhead: - nor do they appear to send Brian a Bottle of something nice each Christmas to thank him for covering this oversight for them ;)

Once you get some pictures sorted there should by plenty of help for you
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes