Home Made Transport Box

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
MikesDexta
True Blue

Home Made Transport Box

Post by MikesDexta »

I've always wanted one of these so knocked one up using gravel board and 2x1 and made it to fit my rear forks. My paddocks are bordered by woodland with a lot of Ash which seem to shed branches with the slightest puff of wind, so I added holders for my chainsaw and fuel/oil bottles.

Taking advantaged of the excellent weather here this week I decided to grub out and saw up a load of Blackthorn that has encroached into the edge of a field that I needed to clear, but was slightly hampered by my inquisitive Jacob sheep :roll: I used a chain hooked up to the drawbar which pulled out all the brush except 2 which were 75-100mm diameter and so well rooted that the Dexta couldn't cope and just dug itself into deep ruts. I just cut these off at ground level and will take out the roots when I next hire a digger. The sheep enjoyed nibbling off the leaves and sloes from the Blackthorn.

One of them seemed to need a lift..

1959 Dexta
I'm not retired just re-deployed

oehrick
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Re: Home Made Transport Box

Post by oehrick »

Nice one :)
Best regards
Rick - Bogside on Bure

1958 Diesel E1A Mk2 s/n 1470165 - still in working clothes

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

That's cool Mike, is it possible to show some pics of how you have coupled your carrier to the tractor. Looks like your sheep are ready to high jack your Dexta :lol:

AlexB
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by AlexB »

Nice and functional

Up here in Yorkshire, I have been planting blackthorn, as we love the sloes to use to make sloe gin