Ransomes plough

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Ransomes plough

Post by henk »

Hello,

Anyone can tell me if this is a right plough behind a new major? It has no depth wheel and de major has no depth control.
Is there some thing missing or is it complete?
The bidding is at 300 euros now

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?sre ... 3Fxref%3D1
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Henk

That plough has cat 1 linkage. Looks like a Ransomes Robin used behind the Dexta. Has SCN bodies. Nice plough. Send it over here, look good behind my Super Dexta.

Steve
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Steven B wrote:..... look good behind my Super Dexta.Steve
Steven, I can't speak for the other guys here, but I have ached to hear the status of your Dexta project. Even if it hasn't progressed past the stripping down stage. Just that you did such a fantastic job on your major, I've looked forward to the Dexta.
'
Regards,
Rick

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Meanderer wrote:
Steven B wrote:..... look good behind my Super Dexta.Steve
Steven, I can't speak for the other guys here, but I have ached to hear the status of your Dexta project. Even if it hasn't progressed past the stripping down stage. Just that you did such a fantastic job on your major, I've looked forward to the Dexta.
Thanks mate. Last two years have been so busy. The last six months of last year I was home for 3 weekends, 12 long haul flights and on top of that 9 trips to New Zealand.

To my Super Dexta. I have started back on it. Engine is all but re assembled. Injector pump re built. I will start on the rest over winter. Oh yes. New clutch as well.

Next job is to sand blast the gearbox and rear end. I think new fenders. I have a set of 1/2 decent ones but not good enough.

It will be as good as the Super Major . Good things come to those who wait.

Steve
65 County Super Six. 62 Super Major x 2, 62 Super Dexta, 52 E1ADKN Industrial Crane, Thames Trader trucks coming out my ears. Two D Series trucks.

Steven B
True Blue

Post by Steven B »

Steven B wrote:Henk

That plough has cat 1 linkage. Looks like a Ransomes Robin used behind the Dexta. Has SCN bodies. Nice plough. Send it over here, look good behind my Super Dexta.

Steve
Henk

I have had another look and its not a Robin. It has been modified and is hard to tell in the photos.

It has provision for a depth wheel. Non standard skimer mounts and the frame where the front disk mounts is bent towards the left of the plough.

Its could be a TS 59 converted to cat 1. If thats the case grab it.

It could also be a TS59Z. That was a lighter version made for the Dexta. The cross shaft is correct for a TS59Z as is the bent frame but the rest looks TS59.

There is a phone number there. Ring them, the modle no will be on the ID plate.

TS59 is the one that you want.

BRIAN, help the man.

Steve

henk

Post by henk »

Thanks Steve,

I'm very happy with your comment.

I notice that the skimmer is mounted under a corner with some filling. I can't see what you mean about the bent front. I allready phoned the man but he was out ploughing. This evening he will return my call. I wan't to ask him about the depth wheel. Any idea about a price?
Kind regards, Henk

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Steven B wrote:I have had another look and its not a Robin.
I agree it doesn't look like my Robin, eg mine has a diagonal brace, pics in Bens plough post.
All the best,
Ben

henk

Post by henk »

Hello,

I decided not to buy the plough. I think I will regret the fact that there is no depth wheel. I could make one from another plough but it won’t be original. Someone whispered in my ear it was to much money for the plough. So I’ll keep searching.
Thanks for the help.
Kind regards, Henk

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Henk,

Finding Ransomes parts in The Netherlands isn't very easy so I think you made the right decision.

In your place I would love to have a Cappon or Rumptstad plough. They were and are, for Dutch farmers the Rolls Royce of the ploughs.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

henk

Post by henk »

Hello Emiel

It's just like cars and tractors. One likes this brand the other another brand. I would like a Ransomes because it's the right one to hang behind a Major. The best would be a Ransomes built for the Fordson itself.
A friend who is a great plougher on matches would like to have one. He is now using a Kvernerland and was the best of Holland this year for the OTMV. His mates also like the Ransomes, and one of them is using a Ransomes Litrack.
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

I believe I have seen one with Richard Pit. But I could be mistaken.
Maybe you can give him a call/email?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Henk,

I perfectly understand what you mean, and off course, I would like to have a ransomes as well.

Just wait and look, there are more desirable ploughs for sale as we can pay, I think.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

henk

Post by henk »

Hello Pascal,

Do you happen to know what price?

Emiel,

I know, patients will be rewarded.
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

Sorry, I don't know the price.
May be just give him a call/email?
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.