Bens Plough - it's a Robin

This forum is about the tools you use to service your Fordson tractor AND about the implements you use when out in the field with Ol' Blue.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Bens Plough - it's a Robin

Post by Bensdexta »

It's a Robin!

I rediscovered the family plough. It's a Robin TS54A interestingly with 3 furrows (one coulter is missing). Here's some photos - What do you think?:

My father says he ploughed with all 3 furrows, but our soil is a light mineral loam. I think Dexta is usually operated with two?

What does PA2592 mean on the rear x-bar?

My next renovation project. :wink:

Any advice appreciated,

Ben

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

i would ditch the 3rd furrow and keep the bodie for spares, pa2592 is the part number for the 3rd furrow frame which was a option.
you will need to straighten or replace the cross shaft adjuster handle and the top link mount as it is bent, looking at the discs the will need replacement as the look really badly pitted.
what is the back of the board like by the tail pieces if they are sharp or damaged they will need to be replaced.
TS54A is the non depthwheel model of the robin the same as what i have.

when i get some spare time i shall copy the parts list for you out of my manual.

Regards
James

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

James,
Many thanks for the info.

I've got it back to the yard now so can start thinking about restoring it.
A couple more pics:

I'm missing a "swch" (that's Welsh ,what is it is English?), see pic below. Where can I get parts ?

My father says the Dexta pulled 3 furrows OK as our soil is so light. Also because of the light soil, he didn't use any scimmers.

Which bodies do you have? I'll check the things you mention tomorrow in the daylight.

Many thanks for the offer of documentation - much appreciated when you get the chance.

Ben

jambug123
True Blue

Post by jambug123 »

swch is a share

you can get them from the old 20 parts company they sell shares points,shins and mould boards.

any other parts i would use westlake plough parts in peterbough.

Regards
James

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Thanks James.