public liability insurance

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
dextasix0
Not Quite Blue Yet

public liability insurance

Post by dextasix0 »

hi all, im trying to find out if i can insure my tractor so i can take it to a show. i need public liability to be able to take it to the show, the only problem is the DVLA have returned my application for registration twice so i have no v5 for it. is there anything i can do??

cheers all,
Ad

Bensdexta
True Blue

Re: public liability insurance

Post by Bensdexta »

May I ask why DVLA returned your application? :( :scratchhead:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

dextasix0
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by dextasix0 »

they sent it back saying the reg i have put down is not recognized, and that i should check it. if it is correct send it back in again, so i did this and it came back again with the same reply?? very confusing. do you know of any such show cover?? evan for a weekend?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Join your local National Vintage Tractor and Engineering group, they have a policy that covers all members for Public Liability on show grounds or on road runs free of charge, just club subscription of around £17.00 per year.

You need to get confirmation of your registration number from the original licencing authority who can confirm the plate to the tractor. Norfolk County Council searched the records for me and sent me a copy of the document for Nuffy, Henrietta had her original log book which served as proof for her and Dotty was first registered here so did not have to do anything, just got an age related number.

You have to provide more proof than just the reg.number. You may also find that the number had lapsed and been issued to another vehicle so you have to have an age related number.

If your tractor was not licensed after 1983 when the DVLA put everything on computer it will not appear in the records.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Daves rusty bits
True Blue

Post by Daves rusty bits »

I insure my FPM through NFU Mutual as a vintage tractor. I`m covered for social domestic and pleasure use, including rallies and working events for around £50 a year, but I`m nearly 60 so that may help lower the premium. You could always check with them about there being a query on the v5 I`m sure it will have come up before.
1960 Power Major, 1975 International 475 - well no ones perfect.