A hot weekend.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

A hot weekend.

Post by henk »

Hello,

If you want to know what I have been doing the last weekend, here are some pictures.
Saturday I went to Borssele, a small village were the club was present at a local fair. It’s a typical village because, together with the surrounding aria it was all made rectangle. Normally when new land was made dry, they followed the natural runs of water and higher pieces of ground, and everything runs in different pieces of circles. But this was a new polder. And made like the American way. The English cars that were present at Borssele were over here to join the rally that starts on the airport Sunday. I’ve been talking with two man about the Lanz and the Field Marshall. The loved the sight of our tractors. And they had some beautiful cars.
Sunday we had an edition of Wings and Wheels at the airport. We have had warm whether all weekend and today we went to the beaches.
http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=VKP3WNDZ
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Great pictures, Henk!
It was indeed a sunny weekend! 8)

Did you manage at the 'ring riding'?

I sure like that SuperMajor and that fire truck on the last pictures!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Henk,
Your great at taking pictures I'll have to give you that. Good looking tractors, and cars. The little yellow one that was first, was that a 3 wheel car? I couldn't see the back of it very good.
The war plane, that looked like a B25 Mitchell, was it?
You had a superb day, lots of fun, would have liked to been with you.
You and your friends look like jousting horses back in the medieval times. Did you get the ring the first time?
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

Henk,
Thanks for the photos.
Did you get any details about the Super Major? It's 6cyl and a few mods. I've edited and enhanced a portion of your full photo so others can see some of the mods like foot throttle, rubber on PTO pulley, where the Injector Pump mounts and the home made step. Any other mods???

Regards,
Rick

'
Regards,
Rick

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Nice story Henk! Thanx for sharing!

henk

Post by henk »

Pascal,

I did not join them. Was just taking pictures for the museum site.
Mark wrote:The little yellow one that was first, was that a 3 wheel car? I couldn't see the back of it very good.
Yes it was. Strange kind of car, with the engine without cover at the front. The car behind it, is an Austin 12. They call it Hector. Today there was an interview with the owner and a picture in our local newspaper of it.
Mark wrote:The war plane, that looked like a B25 Mitchell, was it?
Right again. Don't know were it came from. I was told they can only fly about 3000 hours, and then the main construction has to be renewed. That will cost to much.
Mark wrote:You and your friends look like jousting horses back in the medieval times.
The game is usually done on horses and is sometimes called the farmers wore. It's a game farmer workers did on the one free day they would have the whole year, and it is related to the knight tournaments in the early times.

Mark,

The 6cyl in the Major is a well know engine they use to have in the combines. I'm sure Brian will know what type it is. The rest are adjustments made by the owner. There’s a 3 point hitch but no lift arms and a self made drawbar on top of the swinging drawbar It is used to drive the threshing machine.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

That is the 590E engine as used in Clayson combines and dozens of other applications.

I think the three wheel car is a Morgan. They were quite a sporty job.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian