Super Sue is up for sale!

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Super Sue is up for sale!

Post by Brian »

Chaps,

I have always advised to avoid "cosmetic and paint restorations" if possible. Super Sue urgently needs one but after reading this months "Tractor" magazine I am in two minds whether to do her or just sell her as is. After all it will take a lot of time and money.

I am tempted to put her in the next sale at Sutton near Ely. A Super there, around the same year but a little straighter has just made £12650.00 ENGLISH or around €16000.00 or $26000.00!!!! :shock: :shock:

Nothing special just a nice tractor straight from the farm with a few oil leaks etc.

Either I am missing something or the world has gone barmy. :o

Oh yes!! and a Marshal MP6 made £66000.00, €70000.00 or $126000. Anyone got one of these in a shed somewhere that they will sell for £25.00 :wink:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Have I been introduced to Super Sue yet? I know Nuffy. I know Henrietta. What did I miss?

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Think you may have seen her from a distance. She is my "project" tractor that I want to strip and photograph for a series on here. But according to those sale prices she must be worth around £9000.00 so if someone makes me an offer.......... :clap:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Are prices for SuperMajors that high in the UK? Wow! Maybe it's interesting to export old tractors from the mainland to the UK. ;)
I have heard, that with modern tractors, it is the other way around.

In Holland SuperMajors that are up and running,but not completly restored, costs about EUR 2.000 - 3.000.
A nicely restoredone will probably cost you EUR 5.000

Brian,
Maybe you can sell Sue in the UK and buy another SuperMajor in September, when you'll visit Meddo? :D
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Roadless63
True Blue

Post by Roadless63 »

I was surprised at how much it made, I guessed around 5/6000 but it was 100% untouched except for some repro dials which spoilt it. It wasnt live drive either. But all steering joints etc were like new! Definately too good to touch the paintwork.
I think the average super major prices will stay the same as there's no shortage of ex farm machines still, a reasonable diesel major tipped to make big money last weekend didn't made about 3k although it was straight and all there it wasn't quite up to that standard.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Looking through the published prices from sales like the Sutton one there are a number of Supers sold in the £6000.00 area. No matter how good they are those prices are silly. On the other hand a Diesel Major with around 90% original parts is only worth the middle hundreds to £1000.00.

I will never understand people! :?
Brian