Signing Off Now

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Signing Off Now

Post by Brian »

We are on our way! :thumbs: Next time I sign on we will be in Holland :D

Will meet whoever is coming to Meddo at the usual places, The Golden Tulip in Winterswijk or Emeils display stand on Saturday and Sunday.

Have book exceptional weather!! :clap:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Have a nice trip. :thumbs:

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian (and others),

I hope to see you at Meddo on Saturday. I will bring Frans his nose cone for you with me.

Have a good trip!
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Pitty I won't meet Frans. :( Something is preventing us from meeting Frans. :wink:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

My eldest son is turning 12 this weekend and we're having a big b-day party, so I won't be able to attend Meddo. Hopefully you'll have a great weekend together!!

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Yes I am sorry too, but I am going to germany to the mercedes factory and the open days by Marklin in Goppingen to see the big steamtrains maybe some Unimog and Magirus fire trucks,

Must meet some where else some time (it will happen), just got to Pascal last Thursday evening and drove his fine super and it went late in the evening(night) and the way back was :twisted: a long one du the roadworks so little sleep that night.
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Frans wrote:Yes I am sorry too, but I am going to ... the open days by Marklin in Goppingen ....
Had it not been my son's birthday, I would have gone there as well. I'm a collector of old Märklin stuff from the '50s and '60s and would have loved to see the company's 150th anniversary celebrations (they were on the brink of bankruptcy at the start of this year and they could still fold in the near future). So this weekend was quite a festivities weekend: my son's birthday, Märklin in Göppingen and Meddo. But obviously my son comes first - there's no way I would have left town this weekend.

I hope you guys had a great time in Meddo. it was a bit rainy on Sunday so Brian's voodoo charms over the weather seem to be in need of revigoration :run: .

Oh, and obviously...

:needpics:

henk

Post by henk »

Hello Oscar,

You can have a second change, Meddo is next week.
Brian was visiting me this weekend and will be on his way this morning to Winterwijk. Ann wan't the whole week fore shopping there and Brian is needed to cary it all. :P
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

I am looking forward to pictures of you and Brian ploughing. :D
Did you manage to take some pictures?
Best regards,
Pascal

henk

Post by henk »

There has been no ploughing this weekend.
Brian and Ann arrived in the morning and we first had a cup of coffee. By the time we went off to unload the plough and put it behind the major, it was all ready lunch time. So we returned to have lunch at our place. Because I had to leave about three o clock, there was no time left. We had so many things to talk about. So I collected the major that was left behind on the ploughing field and we parked the lorry at the tractor shed.
Brian and Ann went off to the hotel and visited Middelburg. Somehow they managed to find the pub in town that is famous around here.
Sunday after lunch we met again and went to the museum. They recognised a lot of the engines that were shown. Than we went off to Dies and his wife and had a lot of things to talk about. So we had to rush home to have diner at our local restaurant at the lake. We had a perfect meal. What would you think of tournedos with gamba's and salm? A bit strange but it was very tasty.
I have taken only a few pictures.

Last edited by henk on Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Henk,

Good to read, that you guys had such a great time!
I hope you will get the chance to make some ploughing pictures in the near future!

See you saturday.
Best regards,
Pascal

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

Are you ready for tomorrow @ Meddo? :D
I will be there at the end to tomorrow morning.

Who will attend? I guess Emiel, Brian, Ann, Henk and I?
Perhaps Jos, Dungatherer and Oscar?
Frans wouldn't be there unfortunately.

Hope to see you tomorrow.
Best regards,
Pascal

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello,

It's been a "Meddofull" day today.

Drove the main road next to Meddo (between Groenlo and Winterswijk 2 times today for works. Lots of oldtimer caravans, tractors cars, lorries, etc on the road.

Picked up my Cousin at the show ground after work, drove the little ways between Winterswijk and Meddo, full with oldtimers (and smoke). I thought I saw some familiar people under the parasols at the Golden Tulip, but I'm not sure.

Tonight after dinner loaded the trailer (behind the tractor) with the NewMajor, one of the Dextas, the 8N and the Hanomag and went again for Meddo, which is a 1 hour 15 min. trip from my home.

Unloaded in Meddo, with help of my dad. We have also already aranged our display stand. Spoke to some people who are going to be there tommorow too, but are not from this board.

Pascal, for as far as I know Brian, Ann, Henk, you and I will be there for sure. Don't know exactly about the other people from here. Hope we well see a lot of Fordson Friends.

Wheather is nice, so I think it will be perfect.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi guys,

I have just got home from a beautiful day at Meddo.
Great to see Ann, Brian, Henk, Emiel and Emiel's father.

Here are some pictures.

A SuperMajor and a Dexta

An impressive County

With this machine they fabricate the famous Dutch wooden shoes.

Three Schluters. This German brand doesn't exists anymore, but many enthousiastics keep the brand alive.

Especially for Frans and Oscar this train :wink:
According to the plate it's a Henschel

Nice quote on this Dutch Daf truck

This Fordson runs on wood. Probably the same system as on the Volvo on Grani's pictures?

Some E27N's

A beautiful restored 4000

A Ford 3055. This tractor has the backend of a Ford 4000 and the (modified) enigine of a 3000, with a bigger crankshaft.

An 4 cylinder 4WD SuperMajor. The owner is looking for the Roadless triangle. Does anybody has one for him?

Espacially for Brian :wink:
I wonder if one of these went on a trailer to the UK... :D

A beautiful view :)

I love this one! :clap: A beautifully restored 6 cylinder SuperMajor.

An 5000 SuperMajor

Some of the tractors of Emiel and his father

I hope you enojoyed the pictures.
I am looking forward to the Meddo festival next year. :thumbs:
Best regards,
Pascal

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

I met up with Brian & Ann at their hotel on Saturday morning for tea. As usual time flew by and before we knew it, 90 minutes had passed. I had to go straight back in order to attend the 45th Anniversary of my in-laws, so Meddo was not in the cards for me this year (we have things scheduled on Sunday as well). But it was great to drive out to one of Holland's most beautiful areas in the morning, with some low-hanging mist over the fields and the sun coming in at an angle with lovely reddish hue over the light. It must have been a wonderful day at Meddo and I hope you guys enjoyed it!

henk

Post by henk »

Hello,

Did not take so many pictures this year. There was so much to talk about and as Oscar was saying, time flyes.
Seems we have the same taste Pascal.

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/hmdetroije/ ... do_09.html

If that does not work: http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=FZFSQNI4
Kind regards, Henk

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the grand tour of Meddo this year guys! Once again the pictures were grand. A lot of good looking Fordson's. The B model Mack truck was really a beauty. 8)
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

Hello guys,

unfurtunatly I went to marklin Göppingen on saturday it was much to busy what a crouwd it was not funny anymore for Museum of marklin there was a waiting time for 1 hour plus 10 out 10 in.

The day before we went to the Mercedes Museum in Stuttgart germany that was great If anyone is in that area just visit it

I will post some pics in another topic
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Mark wrote:The B model Mack truck was really a beauty. 8)
:yeah:

Awesome truck!

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello All,

Meddo was wonderfull, as the pictures indicate. Unfortunately my camera dropped on the way home. I'm gonna try to get the few pictures I made out of it and upload them here.

The show was good as usuall and it was very nice to meet again with Ann, Brian, Henk and Pascal.

Best regards

Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Chaps,
We got home around 8.15 am this morning all safe and sound. Did cause a bit of a stir when we got on the boat as we were surrounded by people who were travelling back to East Anglia from the Arnham commemoration and who were interested in ploughs. Also got accosted on the Maasluice ferry by an old gentleman who had been a farmer. He was also very interested in the plough.

May I on behalf of Ann and myself say we are touched and humbled by the welcome we received once again. You are all great! Oscar and Pascal driving down from Amsterdam just to spend a few hours at the show or with us and Emiel and Henk hosting us around the show. Emiel, we got your message on Sunday night, we were sorry not to see you, we did check the beer tent but you must have been lying under one of the tables asleep!! We left the show about 3.30pm to prepare for the trip home and to get a little sleep.

Did you notice how clean, bright and peaceful the world was on Sunday morning? That is because Ann, Henk and I spent so much time in putting right all its problems on Saturday night and Sunday morning!! We eventually got to bed around 2am. Then back to it again at around 8.30am to 10am on Sunday morning.

Did you have any problem when you left the hotel Henk? We did! When it came to paying our bill we found out that the hotel is no longer a Golden Tulip Hotel and would only accept cash. So Ann had to drive into town to raid the cash machines, leaving me as a hostage to her return. No problem but I wished they had said something when we checked in.

I am completing a piece about the Show and will put it on the Wiki shortly. It is written but needs a little polish. Lots of pictures and, for those who do not know, the two words you need are “fordsontractorpages” just like the web address and the “dotty” is the password.

Oscar and I spent our time together working on ideas to improve the site. No major changes are planned but we feel that the site is a little weak on Fordson N and E27N subjects. We will try and improve this area and attract more collectors of these tractors. We will also make some changes to the “expert team” which was an experiment and has proved a great success. It has done exactly what we wanted and will, we hope, long continue.

The second area that needs a little more strength is the ’000nd series board, which does not seem to attract new posts.

We may move the 590E discussion as it is not really about the later tractors but more the Major style. But don’t worry, it is too good a discussion to loose.

I feel that I have much information to offer on the ‘000 series, as I was with these tractors from Day 1 and saw a lot of their development first hand. We also spent hours at Boreham House with the staff discussing the tractor until the early morning. My memories are getting a little rusty so I need a challenge to work that part of my brain.

Some years ago, Oscar suggested that he fitted me with a wire mesh hat connected to a computer so that he could draw all the Fordson and Ford information into a disc format. Strangely I did not feel able to participate, he has now come up with the idea that when I retire, I should write two books, One to cover the technical side of Majors, Dextas, “X” and “Y” series tractors, and another covering the “fun” side of my career, working and life story come to mind. You never know, they might be ready for next years Meddo!

Emiel, I had a word with the young lady on the gate at Meddo, who is related to the organiser. Just put our web site address her way and mentioned the free publicity!! Asked her to pass it on. We will see what comes of it.

Our friend with the Petrol Dexta was there. I checked the engine number again andhad a little chat with him. He is so proud to own a rare tractor but unfortunately it is a "bitsa". He claims that it is a 1963 travtor and the engine number FPL4009E fits this but, from the clutch backwards she is a 1958 diesel. I did not tell him this as he is so happy to own it.

As you will have noticed, I have been off line all the time we have been away. Not because of any problems or because I had forgotten my laptop. I just object to paying €17.00 per hour to go on line from a hotel. It was either that or €68.00 for the week.

Henk, you need to throw away your Tom –Tom and get yourself a Jann-Jann! My Ann-Ann got me from Winterwijk to the trailer in just under 2.5 hours with no speeding, just a steady 60-65 mph. We were at the boat around 4pm after filling up with diesel and shopping at Albert Hinds for coffee milk. We had wonderful meals again on this trip and the fish and chip tea from the little shop next to the station at the Hook are really the best I have ever tasted.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

It's good to know, that Ann and you got home safely.
It was great to meet you both again!

I am looking forward to the changes on the websites. I think, they will certainly enrich this website.
Too bad I wasn't able to see your photoalbum. Perhaps it's an idea to share them on this website?
Best regards,
Pascal

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Brian wrote: We may move the 590E discussion as it is not really about the later tractors but more the Major style.
Yes, thats a good idea. I had som difficulties to figure out where to put it in the first place. :scratchhead:

henk

Post by henk »

Brian,

Good to read you had a pleasant journey and you got home save.

If I will use the jann-jann I will end up some were around Franeker or Brussels, but no way at Winterswijk. Even going back will give the same problem.
I made it home in 3 hours but had two traffic jams and a diversion.

When you drove through Arnemuiden to the trailer, Janneke came right up to you. She already had opened her window, but I think you both were to busy trying to find your way and you missed here completely.

The lady that was trying to check out before me wanted to pay with credit card but she could not for the same reason. That's when I learned that the hotel was not a GT anymore. I have paid with my bankcard and that was not a problem. By the way, I found the bill a bit cheap. As you told me, it was all taken care off. Thank you for a lovely diner.

Have you taken the ferry at Maassluis?

It was great meeting you again and hopefully we will meet next year.
Kind regards, Henk

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Brian wrote:When it came to paying our bill we found out that the hotel is no longer a Golden Tulip Hotel and would only accept cash.
Now that is ridiculous - a hotel that doesn't accept credit cards :stress: . That just doesn't make sense at all.

Anyway, I'm glad you've had another great trip to our little country and it was good to see you and Ann once again!