Little health problem

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Mark
True Blue

Little health problem

Post by Mark »

Hey everyone,
I'll be away from the board for a few days. I have to go in the hospital for a Cardiac Ablation, it seems my ticker wants to run away at times and I have to find out why and do something about it. If I was a Dexta I'd say I had a bad diaphragm in my injector pump. But it's not that easy I'm afraid. They will go up into my heart through the both femoral arteries, and when they get up to the heart the will cause it to go out of rhythm so they can map the electrical impulses thus finding the culprit that's misfiring and cauterize it, making it stop it's misfiring. Then they will kick it back into regular rhythm and see if they need to do it again. My heart skips and thumps like this "hot bulb engine" Aussie Frank has been talking about. They should get me going alright and with a few days of R&R I should be as good as a restored Fordson Dexta.

I think if Brian and his brain would come over with his electrical meters and soldering iron we could take care of this ourselves. Shouldn't be much more than fixing one of those potato apparatuses I think.

Terrible time for my lap top to go on the blink.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Hang in there, Mark. We'll be thinking of you. Get back in here on the double, y'hear ;) ? Take care!

Oscar

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Good luck Mark,

Hope you will be back soon.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Mark,

Try and get them to fit a Minimec based unit, they had much better control. :D

Best wishes.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

G'day Mark,

You would have received my best wishes about your op via my email the other day. I had hoped you'd have posted ONE MORE post to see if 50 posts would make you the first True Blue! C'mon, one more before your few days away. :lol:

Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Ask them if they could cut the stopcable then you could live for ever. Good luck and be back soon.

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Good luck Mark, thinking of you and watching for your healthy return.

Mike

Huzey
True Blue

Post by Huzey »

Good luck Mark
Hope everything goes well for you. I know where you are coming from with the old ticker, as I am off work at the moment having suffered something similar. Am waiting test results to see whats what. Going back to work on Wednesday, but am grounded now, so no more going up the electricity poles for me at the moment.
Best wishes
Huzey

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Good luck Mark.

Hope to see you soon again here.
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Good Luck Mark,

I look forward to seeing you posting again soon. I'm sure you've got the constitution of Fordson, an occasional bit of maintenance and ready for another 25 years!
Chris

Brailes, UK

"Dexta's rule the World!"

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Thanks everybody for the kind words, I just had to check this site one more time, I go in in the morning. I posted last night because I knew today would be hectic getting everything ready. I had a little time left this evening so I thought I'd check our site.
I truly thank everybody for caring, it sure does make a man feel good, it shows we Fordson brothers hang together.

Brian, I wish I could get them to put a turbo on this body, that would sure be lively wouldn't. I don't know if the misses would appreciate that though. 8)

Meanderer, when I read your post I just had to take time to post my 50th post. I'm now a True Blue Fordson Man again. :D

Well I got to go all my kids are here with the grandchildren. I'll get on line as soon as I can to let you all know how I am.
See ya
Mark

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hi guys,
I'm lying here in a hospital bed in Kings Daughters Hospital, kind of neat that they have the internet built in to the TV.
I just got out of surgery a couple of hours ago. all went well, my doctor found the place that was misfiring and cauterized the bugger. He then tried to make my heart misfire again, but it wouldn,t. So I'm fixed and ready to go. I get to break out of here tomorrow and go home. I was in sergery for 4 hours, yuck.
Not allowed to do anything for a week to ten days., that's another yuck..
Talk to you all soon.
See ya
Mark

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

G'day Mark,
As we say in Aus, "Goodonya mate!"
What's all this Yuk business? You've finally got a problem fixed that you've had since you were a 25 year old whippersnapper. A well deserved break of say 10 days and there'll be no holding you back.
I'm so glad you have the Internet available in hospital. I felt really bad that I couldn't offer help with getting your laptop up and running before you went in.
To quote a good friend, Always look up, he's listening" :thumbs:

Also I wanted to congratualte you on being the first on the new forum to reach the status of True Blue. Well done. :beer:

Before you went in, I was going to add a comment like others did but thought better of it. I was going to say, "find room in your bag for the battery from your Dexta and a hefty set of jumper leads." I'm relieved you (they) didn't need any of those kind of tools.

If your bored, email me anytime, about anything. I check my emails regularly throughout the day and evening til late.

Cheers,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Great news Mark.

Any chance of getting a manufactures name off that TV. That would mean I would not have to get up in the mornings. :lol:

I do belive though you are getting like some of my customers.

When anything goes wrong they blame it on electrical connections.

Had one ring up ealier in the week with a problem in Ireland. Wanted me to talk to his customer on the phone or go over and fix it. It took me nearly 15min and two phone calls to convince him that I did not fit anything electrical on the machine in question. And this man was from the company who made the thing.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

BarryT
True Blue

Post by BarryT »

Mark,

Good news, take it easy, if they tell you 10 days make it a fortnight.

Regards,

Barry

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

That's good news Mark :) ! Thanx for checking in! Take care.

Chris Ivin
True Blue

Post by Chris Ivin »

Hi Mark,

I'm glad to hear everything went OK. and you were only away from the board for 26 hours!!

Take it easy.
Chris

Brailes, UK

"Dexta's rule the World!"

Mike Kuscher
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Mike Kuscher »

Mark,
So pleased all went well. You take it easy for a while to get the full benefit.

Mike

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Hello everybody,
It's me again, and I'm doing much better, still can't walk very good because of the soreness, but it will go away soon.

Meanderer, you're right I shouldn't have used the word "yuck" I should have said "blessing" because that's what it was a blessing to get this taken care of.

Well going to go now and catch up on all the news on the board.
See ya
Mark