Jesus springs

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
John-Paul
Not Quite Blue Yet

Jesus springs

Post by John-Paul »

Hi all,

this is for Mark, in response to the following:
Mark wrote:Hi JP,
I've been reading about your ASP, and I saw you use the phrase, "Jesus spring" and it gave me a good laugh, I've never heard that one before. Could you explain that one for us folks on this side of the pond.
Thanks
Mark
"Jesus spring" is an engineering term, referring to a spring unexpectedly released during the dismantling of an assembly.

The speed of the ejected Jesus spring is usually such that although one can clearly see that several other small parts have been simultaneously projected, the velocity is enough that the exact number, direction, and thus location of the affected parts cannot be determined.

The exact etymology of the term is unclear, however some researchers have suggested that it dates back to an occasion when Saint Peter was tinkering with his outboard too close to the edge of the sea of Galilee. Although he was unable to find the parts himself he knew someone who could...

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Just cast your net on the other side, and you'll find it :wink:
All the best,
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

This explanation leads to another question. Did Moses part the Red Sea because he was looking for parts in the Red Sea?

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Thanks John-Paul,
Now that makes a lot of sense JP, good saying with a lot of meaning.

Well guys, I've been in the hospital for 3 days with a bad case of Pneumonia, and thought I'd check this site, but I find I'm just to tired. I'll get back on when I can.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Mark wrote:Well guys, I've been in the hospital for 3 days with a bad case of Pneumonia, and thought I'd check this site, but I find I'm just to tired. I'll get back on when I can.
Hang in there, Mark. Get well soon!!

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Thanks JP for your explanation of the "Jesus spring" that's happened to me more than a few times in my life, and usually ends up going and getting another one.

If St Peter had, had one of Grani's 590 E's he would have been a better fisherman.

JC, I hope Moses wasn't a Ferguson man looking for parts in the RED sea.

Hey, I'm glad I'm feeling better and that you guys have such good sense of humors.

One day Oscars going to have to teach me how to put those quote thing a ma bobs in there so I can show individual quotes like the rest of you.
See ya!! :lol:
See ya
Mark

henk

Post by henk »

Glad your feeling better Mark.
Hope you on your feet again soon.
Don't know if you have the same saying.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

Mark wrote:One day Oscars going to have to teach me how to put those quote thing a ma bobs in there so I can show individual quotes like the rest of you. :lol:
Just hit the Quote button on the post you want to quote :lol:
Glad you're feeling better!
All the best,

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

henk wrote: Don't know if you have the same saying.
I hope that worked Ben, :scratchhead:
Henk if I've missed it, please explain. I like learning things from Europe.
See ya
Mark

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

henk wrote:Don't know if you have the same saying.
Mark wrote:I hope that worked Ben, :scratchhead:
Henk if I've missed it, please explain. I like learning things from Europe.
Mark, Brilliant! You just need to upload some pics now :wink:
All the best,

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Ben, I can do the pictures. I displayed my guitars on here not to long ago. Thanks for the nudge in the proper direction on the quote things.
See ya
Mark

henk

Post by henk »

Mark,

When you are ill your in bed. When you get better your on your feets again. (we would not say feet but leg)
Kind regards, Henk

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Henk,
I've heard the older people here in my part of the US say just that, "have you got your legs under you yet?" Well I've only got about one under me as of yet, but I'm working toward full recovery.
Thanks for being understanding about me wanting to learn the culture of your country.
See ya
Mark

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Mark wrote:I've heard the older people here in my part of the US say just that, "have you got your legs under you yet?" Well I've only got about one under me as of yet, but I'm working toward full recovery.
Sounds like you're at least 50% there, Mark. Glass seems to be half full, not half empty :D . Hang in there!! We need you on your tractor and with a guitar in your hand (though not necessarily at the same time).

Regards,
Oscar

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Thanks Oscar, I'm getting some good pickin time in. I see where TM is coming very close to my home this spring. I'm going to go see him. Have you watched the last documentary of Les Paul. It's on a program called HULU here, if you've got this it's a really good one.
See ya
Mark

henk

Post by henk »

Just to cheer you up Mark,

Here are some pictures of our autumn trip to Valkenburg Holland. Just look it up on Google and you will found out it's the highest part of the Netherlands. There are the remaining of a castle. The drawings are made in the Velvet cave. There a lot of caves were they find sandstones to build. A lot of houses and other buildings are made from those bricks. We visit the centre of Maastricht were there’s a large shopping centre. The last pictures are from the highest mountain (hill) from Holland called the Cauberg. Every year there’s a cycling match for the Dutch championships.

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=WFSLM6I6
Kind regards, Henk

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Henk,
Once again you have out done yourself with your photos. I enjoy it some much when you send pictures, I learn so much more than from a magazine. Your Autumn is the same as ours, pretty colors, and tell your wife she makes the pictures so much prettier with her smile.
Thanks again!!
See ya
Mark

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

We stayed in that area last year! We were just outside Valkenburg. That is a great town with a very large market. We bought cheese, bulbs and large "Nicola" potatoes.

Valkenburg gets its name from the breeding and export of hunting birds. From the Middle Ages they have been trapping and training the birds. Many of the English Kings owned birds from this town.

The town is also famous for its cigar manufacture. There is a museum in the town hall that displays and describes both these activities with demonstrations. Because we were English we got a special guided tour!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

Now your telling me Dutch history Brian,

Did not know this. It's a nice town indeed. One street is full of restaurants were you can sit outside under a sunroof with heating lamps. Thanks to the nice weather we were able to drink our coffee at 9 hour at the evening outside.
In our hotel there were two classes of English school kids. It made thinks a bit lively.
Kind regards, Henk