Quiz 2 (Kind off).

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Quiz 2 (Kind off).

Post by Brian »

This one is for all our Dutch friends.

Two years ago, at Meddo, I bought a pair of clogs. These are the leather topped ones called Oase. I bought them to try in the garden as, being diabetic, I have very tender feet and the wooden soles take all the pressure off them when digging.

They are so comfortable that I wear them every day, all day when working in the workshop or yard, but in the snow, they become very dangerous as the snow compacts on the sole and when walking around, one gradually gets taller then tend to fall off them.

Is this a common problem?
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Grani
True Blue

Post by Grani »

Yes i had the same problem when i used clogs. My wooden skis seems to have copy the feature from the clogs. :wink:
I use Crocks nowadays but they are not good in deep snow either. :roll:

JC
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by JC »

We have the same problem with our adobe mud here. When you walk in it, you get taller and taller, but you don't fall off of your shoes, because they soon get heavy enough that you can't pick them up!

My father-in-law was born in Holland. We're going to spend Christmas with them this year. When I see him tomorrow, I'll see if he has any advice on wearing clogs in the snow.

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Brian,

You mean these:

They are famous for their slipperyness. Especially the old style with wood bottom and rubber sheet between the wood and the soil.

I'm affraid there is not much you can do about that.

Best regards
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

I wear them all the time as well and am very fond of them. Mine are like the ones in the picture that Emiel posted, with rubber soles. They're not really slippery but as Brian said, they do collect snow underneath.

For long walks, or when I have to go through snow or on unpaved ground, I wear this:

Bought a pair years ago, very cheap, at the Welkoop, and they've carried me all over the world. From bushwalks in Australia to the monsoons of India, from the crowded streets of Hong Kong to the avenues of Toronto and (of course) all over Europe. In snow, they're a godsend. You just won't slip. After all the miles I've put on them, they're still in good shape. Even have the original laces in them! Downside: they'll trip off airport metal detectors.