Nothing newsworthy at all

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Foxen
True Blue

Nothing newsworthy at all

Post by Foxen »

Allright, I've scrapped the thread, go away and do something else...
Last edited by Foxen on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Essex Lily - Super Major -62 (No. 1618924)
Mr Fordson - Super Dexta -64(dad's)
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"
<Ut simplex, validus quod constanter ut ferrum talea campester = Super Major>

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Please note!

The Dexta engine is NOT a PERKINS and is not the same as the M-F Version. There are major differnces.

We also have all the numbers listed on this site.

This information acn be confusing
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Dexta's ONLY have Ford engines

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Foxen, a question for you, do Saab 99's have a Saab engine or a Triumph engine? or Volvo V8's, do they have a Volvo engine or a Yamaha engine? (A bit of a quandary I think?) :oops: As the block and the cylinder head of the Dexta were cast by Ford in Dagenham, so it is a Ford engine NOT a Perkins engine. :stress: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Jerry Coles
True Blue

Post by Jerry Coles »

Just my liddl bit.
On my old Dexta engine the Camshaft timing gear wheel has 'Perkins' cast into it - So where did that come from?
Jerry
Jerry Coles
Camerton, Bath, UK
West Highland White Terriers, Dexta's, E27N's and DUKW's

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Jerry, the simple answer as to who made the camshaft timing gear wheel on your old Dexta, it was Perkins. But probably a better answer to your question would be this. Considering the design of the Dexta engine is "derived" from the Perkins P3.144 and that FMC made the rough castings of the cylinder heads and blocks in Dagenham, all diesel Dexta engines were "assembled" by Perkins in Peterborough. So a number of the inturnal parts would have been sourced from Perkins and other manufacturers. Apparrently at Fords request, Perkins company name and trademark were supposed to be removed from all parts :D . As for Perkins engines used in MF 35 3 cylinder diesel,MF 135 diesels,and Volvo BM 320 D would it not be fair to say that they are a development of the Dexta/Super Dexta engine? :yeah:
TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Foxen
True Blue

Re: Dexta's ONLY have Ford engines

Post by Foxen »

The Swanndri Guy wrote:Foxen, a question for you, do Saab 99's have a Saab engine or a Triumph engine? or Volvo V8's, do they have a Volvo engine or a Yamaha engine? (A bit of a quandary I think?) :oops: As the block and the cylinder head of the Dexta were cast by Ford in Dagenham, so it is a Ford engine NOT a Perkins engine. :stress: TSG.
Actually there were a number of SAAB 99's with Triumph engines and they were all quite miserable, about Volvo V8's I don't know since Volvo cars no longer is "Volvo", it's "Ford" but way back there was a V8 engine called B36 and that one was made by Volvo, it was a truck engine.

Never mind...
"Si is est non infractus , effrego is quod animadverto si vos can redintegro is!"

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Foxen ,the V8 in Volvo cars at the moment are a 4.4 litre 60 degree V8 designed by Yamaha. The point I was trying to get across is this, when we refer to an engines pedigree, is it the engines manufacturer, or the company who was responsible for the engines design? The Buick V8 is another classic example. :wink: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Foxen
True Blue

Post by Foxen »

The Swanndri Guy wrote:Foxen ,the V8 in Volvo cars at the moment are a 4.4 litre 60 degree V8 designed by Yamaha. The point I was trying to get across is this, when we refer to an engines pedigree, is it the engines manufacturer, or the company who was responsible for the engines design? The Buick V8 is another classic example. :wink: TSG.
The way it was said didn't really push that point, I felt it more like someone jumped me while yelling at me...

I know very well that the engine in dad's Super Dexta is a F3.152(S3.152 anyone?), that the engine block and head are cast by Ford in Dagenham and it was then assembled in Peterborough by Perkins, the point is that it's a developement or derivate or what you would call it from the 3.144 that Perkins built, that's the relation this engine has to Perkins(from my point of view).

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Ford engine, Dexta/Super Dexta.

If the F3.144 engine is cast by Ford, and is built to Ford specifications, then the P3.144 built by Perkins is their interpretation/clone of the Ford F3.144 engine. :clap:
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900