Shipping cost

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Kjetil
True Blue

Shipping cost

Post by Kjetil »

Hi

From time to time I see items on e-Bay I would like to bid on, but is a bit worried about shipping cost.

Since I live in Norway, the cost will be higher than domestic cost in UK.

Anybody know what alternatives exist for shipping, and name on some companys, so I can check prices?

Since this items usually is tractor related, they are also heavy.

If I buy from a company, like Agriline, they can tell the shipping cost right away, but buying from individuals, they usually don't know these details.

Kjetil

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

First you have to ask how much for shipping costs, It depents on the weight of the item, I won a Belt pully once for abouth 20 euro and had to pay 50 euro for shipping costs still 70 euro was a bargian for it.
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Kjetil
True Blue

Post by Kjetil »

My idea was to have a small knowledge about possible ways of shipping items from UK to Norway, so I could ask for a specific way of shipping the item.

From my knowledge, there is usually a wide range of shipping possibilites, from surface to air, and with a wide span of cost.

So if anybody can recommend a shipping company, I would apreciate.

Jos Cuypers
True Blue

Post by Jos Cuypers »

Maybe not a direct and valid reply, but I think there might be a hugh saving by using our own, in house , domestic transporter. He even brings full tractors back to the UK, big parts to Holland etc. I guess He would even travel Norway to pick up tractors :run: and take parts in the other direction.
When I remember me his name, I'll post. :help:
Rgds
Jos

My dexta has 32 Horse power, but a donkey behind the steering wheel.

Frans
True Blue

Post by Frans »

:needpics:

Think I know him :lol:

But if you have the time take the Boat that saves a lot of money but first ask the seller not every seller from the UK will ship over the border, and for Norway keep the bill low otherwise the customs take some VAT too
regards Frans

who's afraid off blue orange and grey
1960 Power Major Roadless 6 cyl conversion
1964 NP Super Major

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Kjetil, do you have a Sparex agent/dealer where you live or close by? The reason I ask is that when I bought parts from our Sparex dealer here in South Africa, he gives me a quote and that covers all expenses.

Regards
Mervyn

Kjetil
True Blue

Post by Kjetil »

I saw Royal Mail (www.royalmail.com) had a page to calculate shipping cost, including overseas.

Another one, Interparcel couriers, (www.interparcel.com) also with possibilities to calculate shipping cost

hojoos
Not Quite Blue Yet

Re: Shipping cost

Post by hojoos »

I believe you may easily find an online calculator and estimate the delivery cost easily. All you need to know is the postal code of the sender and the postal code of the parcel destination point https://postcodefinder.net/. And you will see what you have to pay roughly. You will also need to know the weight of the parcel. As delivery cost directly depends on the weight and dimension of the parcel.