Our very own Fordson Pages Wiki. It is here, for you to use.

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.

Do you think this Wiki thing is a good idea to further expand The Fordson Tractor Pages???

Yes! Brilliant! Now everyone can contribute!
100%
Nah. Bad idea. Why bother?
No votes

Total votes: 11

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Our very own Fordson Pages Wiki. It is here, for you to use.

Post by Oscar »

Chaps,

Along with the new forum I also added a Wiki to the site. If you don't know what a Wiki is, click here. If you don't know how to create and edit Wiki pages, then we can shake hands because neither do I :cry: . Well, I did find out a few basic principles just by goofing around with it.

Basically, each and every one of you can contribute to the website now in a very simple way. You can just write text and it will immediately appear on the internet. Not in the a discussion forum such as this, but as a genuine written article. You don't need my permission to start a page. However, to avoid total mayhem there are guidelines.

:rulez:

1. Write a Wiki if you want to share information that you don't want to hide in a forum such as this.
2. Bear in mind that others may already be editing the Wiki at the precise moment that you want to start writing too. Undoubtedly the software has a way of preventing us from accidentally ruining other people's work, but as yet I have no idea how it all works.
3. Write clearly. Think about your chocie of words. Structure your text well. Remember, if others cannot understand your article then they won't read it and you'll have wasted your precious time.
4. Follow the common rules of decency.
5. Don't remove what I (or anybody else) already wrote there, because it might be helpful to others. Append to the document or start a new Wiki page (and put a link to it on the start page). Don't remove other people's text.

CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE WIKI START PAGE.

Have fun!

Regards,
Oscar

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

I just figured out how it works. It's ridiculously simple! You can quite literally publish a complete article in minutes :thumbs: . Unbelievable. Check the Wiki Page for details.

Cheers!
Oscar