Country boy in the big city

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Country boy in the big city

Post by henk »

Last Friday an Saturday we have been visiting Paris with a group of colleges.
We had a wonderful time. A lot of fun and we have been biking in Paris for three hours. Have made a tour in the evening with the bus.
We spent most of our free time around the isles in the Seine were the Notre Dame is build.
There was a band playing on one of the bridges. They were wonderful.
We will be going back some time, that’s for sure.

See some pictures: http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=6HFLJ77Z
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Paris is really lovely, we stade on Monmart. Most of the people were great but there were the odd English-haters.

Could be because I ordered a Beef Wellington in the restaurant or asked for tickets to Waterloo at the station! :run:

Still prefer Harlingen, Franacker and Norwich though. :clap:

It was my friend Steve's 65th birthday party on Saturday and the conversation always turns to our time spent there last year.

We have converted four people to Hollanders, Steve and June and my brother Rod and his wife Angela. And we have not even taken them to Middleburg or Vislingen.

(Apologise for the spelling errors).
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Mark
True Blue

Post by Mark »

Henk,
I just love it when you go on holiday, you always come back with great pictures. It's like being there for me. I've never been to Paris, but my son went back packing all over Europe a few years ago.
What kind of place were you in when you were sitting down to eat. It looks like an old bomb shelter.
Thanks for the pictures.
See ya
Mark

When all else fails, get a bigger hammer

Mervyn Spencer
True Blue

Post by Mervyn Spencer »

Beautiful pictures Henk, thanks for sharing them with us.

That scooter in the first picture must be from South Africa with the ZA sticker on the side :wink:

Mike is right, you do feel you have been there after looking at your pictures.

Regards
Mervyn

henk

Post by henk »

Mark,

The restaurant was in a small street. We were with 85 people and every one was wondering were we were going to eat, cause the entrance was very small with a small bear tap. :? About 25 were send below and the rest went upstairs. We were sitting in a seller. It became very hot and noisy and the waiter, the one in the black shirt with the note book had a lot of problems to get our order. I had duck with honing. Tasted good. Because I drink no wine I ordered a bear but had to pay for it while the others had wine for free. :cry: But it tasted great. :beer: France do eat slowly, but we were in and out in about one hour. So the knew there job.
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I