Boxing Day Walk 2010

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Boxing Day Walk 2010

Post by Brian »

The weather was very bright early on but very cold. Only got a few pictures as we kept the walk short this year as I still have a little pain and trouble walking from my back.

Provincial Road for Oscar, Norfolk Motorway for those of us who live here! :D

Reputedly Saxon Church near our home. Norfolk has a number of these early churches dating back to Saxon times. We have a Saxon Cathederal about five miles from us. Norfolk sticks out a bit into the North Sea and was subject to invasion by Danes, Saxons, and others. We also have very strong connections with the Netherlands over the years as displaced peoples came here and set up weaving areas using the Norfolk wool.

Around the county are huge churches built by landowners on the profits from Norfolks wool industry. The villages have gone but the churches remain as a reminder to history.

Cold and bleak at Salthouse. Even the Common Terns looked unhappy with the weather. Oyster Catchers were having a fine time in the freshwater pools on the marsh side of the erroding sea defences.

The sun went in during our walk and the haze started to come down. The frost was still visable on the rocks on the shore and on the grasses on the marsh. Time to move on to Sheringham for our Boxing Day ice cream, (yes I did say ice cream) and a walk along the sea front there.

Unfortunately there were no trains in the station so I could not get an engine picture for Oscar (yet).

I missed a real beauty earlier in the month because it was only mentioned on the radio on the morning it happened. "Mallard", the fastest steam train in the world, (I think) came through a local station on a trip down to Kings Cross station in London. She was due into Downham Market at 9.10am and they gave the details out at 9.05am. :cry:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: Boxing Day Walk 2010

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Your boxing day walk reports are always interesting.

I suppose you will be watching the cricket against the Aussie's all night.
You look to have this one in the bag. Are you sure you have'nt bribed Ponting to be on your side :D
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Toys and cots came to mind after reading the report this morning! :beer:

Must be careful though. We shall be there in April! If you ever saw "Fawlty Towers", then you will know what I mean! :shock:

But it is not all over yet, there is still time for England to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The weather could still save them.

I did say to Barry M earlier that I would sweep out my log burner and take him some of the residue in a little urn, so that they would not feel something was missing from their continent! :run:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Kiwi Kev wrote:Your boxing day walk reports are always interesting.
:yeah:

BarryM
Site Expert Team
Site Expert Team

Post by BarryM »

Greetings Brian,
Yes, we have been watching the cricket. And, for us the result is very hard take. However, our successful days have gone and now it is time to be on the receiving end, and with a team like that, what else could we expect.

Now on a much brighter note, I tried to start the half track yesterday, only to find a flat battery, water in the fuel tank & no spark.

Hope you all had a good Christmas, and we wish everyone a Happy & Safe New Year.
BarryM

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sorry Barry .... but.......

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ......... :clap: :beer: :buddies:
Brian