The fordsontractorpages World Tour

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

The fordsontractorpages World Tour

Post by Brian »

Hi Chaps,

Yes I am still alive but still overwhelmed with work.

Barry sent this to me today which tell you whereI will be at the end of May. We will be visiting Robinvale and Bendigo, staying with StevenB and all his tractors and lorries, also touring Tasmania. :beer: :buddies: :buddies: :clap:

We leave in 20 days time and will not be back until mid June, full of food, if this is anything to go by, and with many petrol Dexta details.

If you are around this area, contact BarryM, he will have full details.

Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Re: The fordsontractorpages World Tour

Post by henk »

Good to hear from you Brian,

Have a nice trip, and wach out for that Tasmanian :evil:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

JC

Post by JC »

Hi Brian,
The schedule for Sat. 28 May says that dinner will be at 7:00 and then you are going to talk about your experiences with Fordsons.
I think that they need to start dinner waaaay earlier :lol:

Have a great time!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

henk wrote:Good to hear from you Brian,

Have a nice trip, and wach out for that Tasmanian :evil:
Here's how you keep them under control... :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOTlNOZB4Zo

:lol: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

Enjoy your trip! And your first flight.

Please let us know when we are expected to help you unload the containers full of tractors from Australia... :mrgreen: :D
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

Jos Cuypers
True Blue

Post by Jos Cuypers »

Pascal, this can be calculated with ease :

Average time for shipment by boat (as the plain will certainly not take that hugh load) from Australia to Uk is 7 to 8 weeks....
For sure, Brian will provide sufficient drinks :beer: :buddies:
Pascal wrote:Hi Brian,

Please let us know when we are expected to help you unload the containers full of tractors from Australia... :mrgreen: :D
Rgds
Jos

My dexta has 32 Horse power, but a donkey behind the steering wheel.

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

The ftp World Tour is sitting in an apartment near Wineglass Bay on Tasmania! We are having a fantastic time and getting some great pictures.

We have walked through a rain forest and a wilderness area meeting Possums and Wallabies, Cockatoos and Wombats. We have seen mines and museums and coffee shops!

In Hobart there are stores selling all Netherland produce and even today we have found Netherland Liquoric! :D

We had a great few days with Steven B and Tina, Tina makes a mean Shepherds Pie and is a whizz on preparing pictures and videos for presentations. Steven has a large collection of everything Ford from Australia and quite a few Thames Traders,

Also made contact with Barry M and Dawn, sounds like we are going to have to stay here another month to fit in all Barry has arranged for us! :D

Everyone is so friendly and helpful and cannot do enoughg to make our stay memorable. Will post some pictures later but, Oscar, I have bouight a leather hat! :D Very comfortable!!
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

It's great to read you and Ann are having such a great time!
I am looking forward to the pictures.
Best regards,
Pascal

henk

Post by henk »

YES YES YES the pictures.
Dies asked me today if you could sneak out a Marshall P6 for him. Seems it's forbidden to export them.
Kind regards, Henk

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

An early morning visitor to our cabin.

Coles Bay, Tasmania

The Beach a few yards from our cabin.

Wombats!!!!!

Tasmania remembers its founder.

Hobart night scene.

Brian and HAT on the path up to Cradle Mountain, Tasmania. We have walked many, many miles on this trip, both on the flat and up hills and mountains.

Sorry Henk, tell Dies the MP6 will not fit in our hand luggage. We thought of you the other day Henk. We drove up a very steep mountain road for nearly 4 miles and about half way up was a little Japanese girl on a bike, in low gear with legs going like pistons to progress a few yards at a time. Perfect cycling country :wink:

We are having some difficulty with internet access so pictures are hard to load. There will be plenty in the story about this trip though when we get back.
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

Great scenery.
How's the weather? Seems a bit chilly.

Just ordered a biking trip on the Loire banks at France for this summer. But that’s flat land.
Kind regards, Henk

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Sunday evening 29.5.20011.

Managed to get on the web for the first time for some time. We are now at Halls Gap in the Grampian Mountains after the most wonderfull few days with the Fordson Tractor Club of Australia. We have been visiting museums, vineyards and cemetries (?) and having a great time with Barry and Dawn Milsom, Leigh and Bev Donovan and many others.

Barry and I spent two days in his shed talking and looking at tractors. We went to meet a farmer friend and I was introduced to the Ford 8401, a very interesting tractor. I got to drive it around the yard.

I have never picked grapes, oranges, lemons and grapefruit direct from the tree and vines or, eaten walnuts straight from the tree for many years. Leigh and Bev Donovan had this all arranged for us as well as a great line up of Dextas.

We just cannot express our gratitude to all members of the Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, there are not enough words in the English language. Leigh put on a fantastic few days for us and Bev fed us and kept us going with tea.

We then moved on to Warracknabeal and the "talkfest" really got underway. We spent time in the museum there and I have never seen such a collection of tractors and implements, there are huge hangers full of tractors. Last night we had dinner at "The Rusty Nail" after we found it and the talk carried on. I gave a short speech ( I can do that Pascal, if I put my mind to it)(but it is hard). :D

Today we visited a museum belonging to Micheal and John Woods of Rupanyup, another fantastic place to visit with exhibits from shops, houses and farms in the local area, again all housed in huge buildings.

Pictures of all these great days will appear eventually but the internet connections are too slow to load the pictures to Photobucket.

And I must not forget that today I met Eric Schultz, Aussie Frank and Barrie for the first time face to face. More chat! Thanks chaps for coming, I know that Frank travelled a long way to make the day. :clap:

Today was also an emotional day for us all. When we left this afternoon we all felt that there is a possibility that the friendships made in the last few days may possibly never be renewed face to face. We are determined to come back but will have to save very hard to afford it again in the few years we have left before insurance costs rise to unaffordable rates.

There is a fantastic experience waiting for Fordson Tractor enthusiasts if they can get here, but do it before you get too old! :D
Brian

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

I know what it feels like to leave Oz, Brian. Done it 3 times. I vividly remember the last time. After taking off from Sydney's Kingsford Smith airport, we flew straight across the continent. The weather was crystal clear so I had a good view from the window. After about 4 hours of flight, the land stopped. Not gradually, but just like that. One moment we were above immeasurable land areas, then a steep cliff, then the ocean. At that monent, I felt very fortunate to have had yet another great visit, but also quite melancholic about having to leave and not knowing if/when I'd be back.

Australia gets into your blood.

Have a safe trip home!

henk

Post by henk »

Sounds like you have the time of your live.

Looking forward to the strorys and pictures.
Kind regards, Henk

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,

Looking forward to your pictures!
I just love it, when you give long speeches about blue tractors! :clap:
Best regards,
Pascal

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

One of the tractor sheds at Warracknabeal.

Some of the many tools collected and exhibited by Micheal and John Woods, our hosts at Rupanyap.

Brian, Eric Schultz, Barry M, Aussie Frank and Barrie, fordsontractorpages at Rupanyap.

Dawn and Barry, Fordson Tractor Club of Australia.

Two convicts awaiting their numbers and transportation. :D

New Holland? Water tower at Robinvale.
Brian