Blue Force

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Bensdexta
True Blue

Blue Force

Post by Bensdexta »

Anyone know who these guys are: http://www.blueforce.uk.com/

According to their news sheet, NH are building tractors in Britain :wink:
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Gavin
True Blue

Re: Blue Force

Post by Gavin »

I believe this is a break away group from the Ford & Fordson Association. I seem to remember it was something to do with the FFA being run to make money for Kelsey Publishing rather than the association.
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000

Tractorbob3
True Blue

Post by Tractorbob3 »

Blue Force has been set up as a rival organisation to the Ford & Fordson Association. The FFA was run by and for the benefit of Kelsey Publishing, but it now has its own elected Committee and membership independent of Kelsey - the only remaining link being that Kelsey provides some sponsorship money. Membership fees and proceeds from merchandise sales now go to run the FFA and do not go to Kelsey. The big upside is that by joining FFA, you get a subscription to Ford and Fordson Tractors magazine and it costs you no more than if you subscribe to the magazine only. Details are on the FFA website http://www.fordandfordson.com
Regards - Bob

1961 Super Major

Bensdexta
True Blue

Post by Bensdexta »

So if F&FA has dissociated itself from Kelsey, why the need for Blue Force, or did the latter happen first? :?
Bensdexta - 1961 working for a living!

Gavin
True Blue

Post by Gavin »

I think it happened first then Kelsey and FFA parted company as a last ditch effort on the part of the FFA to survive. I joined FFA years ago befoe I realised that it was really just a magazine subscription made to look something more. It may have changed since but I never bothered to renew.
Fordson Super Dexta, Ford 4610, and Ford 3000