Field Marshall model m

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Nick
True Blue

Field Marshall model m

Post by Nick »

I have managed to find a field marshall model m in a barn in bits today, and they want to sell it :D , how much would it be worth? engine is free and it last ran about 4 years ago and was part disassembled, all original parts are there, with only slight surface rust present.
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Re: Field Marshall model m

Post by Brian »

How about a cutting from your money tree please! :clap:

Marshall Model M could be as much as £10,000.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Well i think they only want a few hundred quid for it as it is, so maybe i will buy it in the week!
It does look a bit sorry for itself, but most of it is dust, and i see things like this as an investment (and fun)......watch this space...... :clap:
Oh yay, look, another seized bolt! Lets get a hammer.....and some kano.....and some cider!

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Sounds like Scrap price. Go for it! :D Save another from the Junkmans torch. :twisted: Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

1220marshall
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by 1220marshall »

did you get it ??

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Bit of an update on this. Because the people im hopefully getting this marshall off own a huge cider farm, they have been busy recently and will be up to christmas. So im expecting to go and pick it up in january. Im going to do some work for them ( im an electrician) and im considering swapping some of the work im doing for the tractor. To be honest though, im not really worried about when i get it because its in the dry and not hurting.

Also looks like i will have to put all the wheels etc back on it before it will move. I have to admit though i am getting quite excited about it!!!!

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Can you send me the Euro Lottery Numbers please! :D
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

GERRY
True Blue

Post by GERRY »

hi there is a marshall ardvertised on done deal in ireland fully restored ,
asking price 30,000 euro, this might give you some idea of what youve got,
Gerry

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

Brian, ive been doing the lottery for three years now and ive won a tenner once i think!

Gerry, im aware they are worth quite a bit once done up, but this one is original, original paint, number plate, rustless wings etc etc and also comes with two brand new rad cores! It also has a boughton winch and pto with a hand clutch, which is different.
Until i get it back and can have a proper look at it i will decide whether to get it working and leave it original, or paint it up etc.

Ive never seen a diesel injection system like it, very primitive!

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Nick,

From what I read you are really lucky to have found this Marshall. In my opinion is painting the worst thing you can do. You'll take the origineal identity away.

I'm curious to see some pictures.

Best regards
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

I agree that if it is a very good original, then keep it original. I've seen original tractors bring more than restored ones in recent years. It is only original once and once painted, it will never be original again. First get it home, and then post photos. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Painting will drop the price considerably even if it is done well. The Super that made £12,000.00 a few years ago was straight as she came from the farm including rust.
Brian

Nick
True Blue

Post by Nick »

I will take some pictures of her when im out there next (this may well be when i go to collect her)