speed ploughing ???

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
tom lad
True Blue

speed ploughing ???

Post by tom lad »

link to speed ploughing on youtube

great sport or just nutts ??

http://youtu.be/4TczQZUboe0
Some mornings I wake up grumpy, but most mornings I let her sleep in.

super6954
True Blue

Re: speed ploughing ???

Post by super6954 »

Hi Thanks for posting the video :) Never seen that before on you tube Nice to hear that ford working hard its my favorite motor to listen to when its getting caned like that :) . Im thinking "nuts" and probably other parts will come into this very soon when the rear end decides to call it quits :lol: . or maybe as they say here in Canada " Built Ford Tough" and she will take it who knows :)
Regards Robert
A Fordson is for life not just for Christmas !.

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

Absolute 100 percent abuse! :evil: Almost ended as a rollover casualty. :shock: I hate to see any machine run to death, but I guess if they have deep enough pockets to afford the hopped up engines, repairs, and hospital bills if they do flop and get injured, :cry: then have at it. :mrgreen: It appears that having a few loose screws in the head is a requirment for particpation..... here come's the guys in the white coats.... :run: Dandy Dave!
Last edited by Dandy Dave on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Dave
I did think about the near miss on the rollover I get what ya saying on safety , But I guess from your comment on the abuse of the machinery we won't find you down the pulling track on a Sunday then :?: :lol:
Regards Robert

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

super6954 wrote:Hi Dave
I did think about the near miss on the rollover I get what ya saying on safety , But I guess from your comment on the abuse of the machinery we won't find you down the pulling track on a Sunday then :?: :lol:
Regards Robert
I like to work my tractor as it was intended, or show a tractor and have folks come by and reminisce about the old days when the machines were new and which models they farmed with. 8) No, I do not do tractor pulls. Not sure about where you are at, but the insurance costs back here in the States is knocking some of the pulls off of the calander from what I have heard from the guys that do pull. It puts a lot of stress on the parts. It seems the more one knows about machanical failure, and the result from undue stress applied on gears, clutches, and shafts, the less you want to subject your machine to abuse. These machines fail under normal use. Why subject it to overloaded conditions on purpose? I spend enough time and money on restoring, and repairing, just to keep them ready for a days work with some profit at the end. Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

super6954
True Blue

Post by super6954 »

Hi Dave
Im in Manitoba Canada the pulls up here are gettin thin on the ground to :( . I think our problem is more who you are and if your new and ya tractor will hammer the regular prize winners than insurance issues, Oh the joys of small town politics :wink: .

To be honest I have been involved in pulling with Belarus tractors and the old Majors so know about the mechanical issues and stresses and things that can go bang. It may surprise you to know that a major or power major rear end will take about 1200 hp in a short burst . I guess fordsons where over engineered before the supers they are not usually so good .

I respect your view on restore and stuff I sit on the fence there to. There is no way my 954 county is going down the track, its to rare in Canada and the cost of parts if available is very high if it blows up.

To be honest if a tractor is high in supply i have no problem with pulling it. getting it to go good can be as much challenge as restoring one, I guess its all down to what aspect of engineering pulls ya chain :) .

Any how i guess we are off topic a bit here so maybe we should either start our own or leave this one for the guys that want to comment on speed ploughing.
Have a great day :)
Regards Robert

Daves rusty bits
True Blue

Post by Daves rusty bits »

I`m not sure what the point of it was, but he should have kissed the baby first :shock:
1960 Power Major, 1975 International 475 - well no ones perfect.