Bad News, Good News and meet Wolfgang

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Bad News, Good News and meet Wolfgang

Post by Brian »

Bad News:

Very sorry chaps, I will not be able to get to either Brimfield or Meddo this year. I am really disappointed but circumstances have made it impracticable. :cry: However,We will be back at both in 2014!

Good News:
The reason for the above Bad News, we shall be in the air flying back to Australia on the days of the Show! :beer: :buddies: :clap: We have booked the flights today, we are going for 9 weeks and getting to a couple of big shows and a boat trip down the Murray River. We are also going to spend more time in the two Museums we visited last year and hope to get better pictures of the exhibits there. We come back in December.

Meet Wolfgang:

Some may meet him in person when we come over to Holland in a few weeks time.

A Range Rover this time. A real luxury car!!! Why Wolfgang you ask? This one is pure BMW! with a lovely 6 cylinder diesel engine.
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Re: Bad News, Good News and meet Wolfgang

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Great news Brian,I guess you won't have time to come to New Zealand? :eyes: No chance of flying to Queenstown to go on the Kingston Flyer or to go on the Earnslaw "steamship"? :cry: TSG.
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

We would love to come to New Zealand, TSG, but the cost is far too much. It would nearly double the cost of the flight. We did check it last year as Kev suggested we call in as we were down your way. :D

We will still keep doing the lottery and hope we can get there before it is too late for us. My youngest son has been and has been up that tall building with the glass floor. :eyes:
Fordson Tractor Pages, now officially linked to: Fordson Tractor Club of Australia, Ford and Fordson Association and Blue Force.
Brian

The Swanndri Guy
True Blue

Post by The Swanndri Guy »

Brian, you will have to keep buying those lottery tickets and its never too late to come to New Zealand! :mrgreen: As for the "tall building with the glass floor", I've never been there or up it! As I've allway said, If I have the choice of going up the Eiffel tower again or the Sky tower...I'd be off to Paris again! :clap: Also being slightly parochial, New Zealand only starts "south of the Bombay Hills" and the further south you go ,the better it gets! TSG.
The Kingston Flyer
Fordson PETROL Dexta
Fordson Super Dexta
Ford 3000
Ford 4000
Valtra/Valmet 900

Kiwi Kev
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by Kiwi Kev »

Brian
You need to go to NZ to be able to trace Dotty's history :mrgreen:
There are cheap Trans-Tasman flights also
Kiwi Kev
"Classic Contracting"

66 Ford 5000 6X (semi retirement)
International 784 4WD
& looking at another tractor!

kiwiland dexta
True Blue

Post by kiwiland dexta »

And there's one heck of a good farm machinery museum in Blenheim... and a spare bed...and a Dexta you could borrow...!
you know it's a classic when people stop to watch.

henk

Post by henk »

Brian,

I think you have made the right choice. If you have the change to go to Aus, take it. You don't need the lottery to go to Holland.
Any change of meeting Wolfgang?
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Dandy Dave
True Blue

Post by Dandy Dave »

One of these days it would sure be fun to Visit Australia and NZ. I've seen utube films of those fine lookng females out on the beach in Australia. :beer: Maybe we can get a Fordson down there and get some "Girls on Fordsons" photos. :D Dandy Dave!
Have a Fordsonful day Folks!

1960 Fordson Power Major

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

I can easily get some pictures of me, topless sitting on a Fordson whilst I am there Dave! :D But that might be more like "Ghouls on Fordsons" :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Henk, we will only be there for a short visit this time, We are coming mid week and returning just after the weekend. We are going to the Kukenhof and will be staying near there before moving to Amersfort. We leave here on the 11th April and return on 16th, Monday. Any chance of a meet and we will take it! :D I have also got to have some time with Oscar if possible. :beer:
Brian

henk

Post by henk »

Pitty Brian,

Maybe next year. Wish you and Ann a pleasant stay in Holland and the Keukenhof.
Kind regards, Henk

Pavel
True Blue

Post by Pavel »

You couldn't have chosen a better time to visit Oz, Brian. The huge, widespread, floods have subsided; the Murray is flowing beautifully; and the country is alive and green.
Unless, of course, you would prefer to see The Sunburnt Country.
Pavel

Emiel
True Blue

Post by Emiel »

Hello Brian,

Too bad you and Ann won't be at the Meddo show this year, but good to hear it is because your going to make a very nice trip again to Australia again.

Hanneke and I are allready looking forward the photo's again.

There is quite a chance that my father and I will not be attending, or only with a minor display at Meddo too. But we have good reasons too. Hanneke and I are expecting to become the parents of a new little tractor fan around that date.

Wolfgang is great, I assume you can do a trip from Amerfoort to our place within half an hour with it. So, if you like a cup of coffee, you're welcome.

Regards
Emiel
Best regards

Emiel

N 1937, E27N 1948, 8N 1949, E27N 1950, E1A Diesel 1953, E1ADKN PP 1956, Dexta 1959, NH Clayson M103 1964

Brian
Grumpy
Grumpy

Post by Brian »

Many, many congratulations to you both, that is really good news, we are very happy for you. :beer: :buddies:
Brian

Pascal
True Blue

Post by Pascal »

Hi Brian,
We hope to meet Ann and you in April.
Looks you are going to be quite busy visiting all the Dutch Fordson fans. :mrgreen:
Luckily you have a great "set of wheels". 8)

Hi Emiel,
Congratulations! That's really great! :clap:
Best regards,
Pascal

Fordson's don't leak oil, they are just marking their territory.

henk

Post by henk »

Emiel and Hanneke,

Congratulations. Now your time has come to :) to be :P to :eyes: to cellebrate :beer: to listen to :cry: and think :scratchhead: When you are very short of sleep. But I'm sure you both will be :D
Kind regards, Henk