Who can host a couple of big files for me?

Want to share something off-topic? This is where to put it.
Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Who can host a couple of big files for me?

Post by Oscar »

Chaps,

Henk was kind enough to send me a CD with some very useful Fordson documents, such as the parts list for the New Major between '52 and '65, the workshop manual for the Major and Power Major, etc. It's really good stuff and the scans are of very high quality :) !

The problem is that these files are pretty big (roughly 100 MB each) and I have limited server space available. If anyone has server space available to host these files, then that would be great. Total amount required is appr. 500 MB. Needless to say that if might cause a bit of server traffic if everyone starts downloading these at once, so make sure that your provider offers you enough bandwidth.

If no-one can help then I'll add the files to my own serverspace, but I won't have much left then for future enhancements.

Regards,
Oscar

Meanderer
True Blue
Location: Elora Ontario, Canada (transplanted from Crookwell, NSW, Australia)

Post by Meanderer »

I build websites for people and organisations and the hosting package I use is one of the cheapest in the world. They give unlimited webspace and bandwith and have the largest array of features and included software (including this same phpbb) and a website builder that "any novice" can use.
I haven't got a personal website or account as it is in my wife's business name.

Take a look here: http://www.vodahost.com/partner/idevaff ... hp?id=8063

Regards,
Rick
'
Regards,
Rick

henk
Site Governance Team & Expert Team
Site Governance Team & Expert Team

Post by henk »

Oscar,

Maybe we can spread it out over a vew website's, so the maximum is not to large. :idea:
Kind regards, Henk

Fordson New Major February 1957 Mark I

Oscar
Site Governance Team
Site Governance Team

Post by Oscar »

Well I think I need to reduce the file size anyway. Not everybody has superfast connections and a 100MB file is too large. Have to split it up into smaller files, chapter by chapter I guess. But that doesn't reduce the total amount of disk space required.

The documents Henk sent me are a great addition to the site, so I'll gladly spend some time and effort to figure out how to do it best.

Christian
Not Quite Blue Yet

Post by Christian »

Maybe you can post it on a 1-click hoster like rapidshare or myupload. There you can upload big files for free. With a link to this files anybody is able to download it.
I would be very glad, when you are able to host this files because I'm restoring a 1960 Power Major and therefor this stuff would be very useful.
Greetings, Christian